Hermanson Roughed up in Rehab Stint

Heads22

Charlotte

Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

De Los Santos 5.0 2 1 1 2 3 0 2.84

Lorraine (H, 1) 1.0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0.00

Hermanson (H, 2)(L, 0-1) 0.2 2 4 4 2 1 0 9.82

Farnsworth (BS, 3) 1.1 4 2 2 1 0 0 2.95

Pitcher Change: Dustin Hermanson replaces Andrew Lorraine.

Ken Huckaby grounds out, shortstop Jorge Velandia to first baseman Casey Rogowski.

Alejandro Machado walks.

Adam Stern singles on a ground ball to second baseman Angel Gonzalez. Alejandro Machado to 2nd.

Dustin Pedroia doubles (23) on a ground ball to right fielder Ernie Young. Alejandro Machado scores. Adam Stern to 3rd.

David Murphy strikes out swinging.

Wily Mo Pena walks.

Pitcher Change: Jeff Farnsworth replaces Dustin Hermanson.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 11:11 AM)
LOL

I see you are doubting the magical abilities of Dr Coop.

Its sort of my personal crusade. I can't believe all the posts I see of acquiring rubbish who will magically turn to gold working with Cooper. Cooper was the Sox pitching coach before last season, and I didn't see everyone thinking he was a miracle worker then. I do think he's a good pitching coach. I just don't think he "fixes" everybody. If the guy was the miracle worker a lot of people think he is, would the board have any posts which state the concern with the current pitching staff, the one with the greatest rotation ever assembled?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 11:19 AM)
Its sort of my personal crusade. I can't believe all the posts I see of acquiring rubbish who will magically turn to gold working with Cooper. Cooper was the Sox pitching coach before last season, and I didn't see everyone thinking he was a miracle worker then. I do think he's a good pitching coach. I just don't think he "fixes" everybody. If the guy was the miracle worker a lot of people think he is, would the board have any posts which state the concern with the current pitching staff, the one with the greatest rotation ever assembled?

Welome to my world of thinking.

I agree with you.

I feel the same way regarding all the posts about how Vazquez is going to be great in the second half this season because Contreras struggled last year in the first half.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
I agree with you.

I feel the same way regarding all the posts about how Vazquez is going to be great in the second half this season because Contreras struggled last year in the first half.

People never mention that Contreras' ERA was never anything near what Vazquez has right now, or that Contreras pitched well for most of the beginning of the year and hit a rough spot in the middle.

You can't just GIVE someone to Cooper and say, "Take this guy, and fix him."

Cooper works best with talented people who need to have their mechanics tinkered with, really. Thornton is a prime example, and I think one of the few examples. I believe I've read that Cooper is also good at helping pitchers develop offspeed stuff to balance their attacks.

Contreras isn't an example of Coop's skills, of course. He was more fixed by his family, El Duque and Ozzie than Cooper. There's only so much he can do for Freddy, too, and Javier. Javier needs to be thought how to kill off a guy with two strikes on him.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
You can't just GIVE someone to Cooper and say, "Take this guy, and fix him."

Cooper works best with talented people who need to have their mechanics tinkered with, really. Thornton is a prime example, and I think one of the few examples. I believe I've read that Cooper is also good at helping pitchers develop offspeed stuff to balance their attacks.

Contreras isn't an example of Coop's skills, of course. He was more fixed by his family, El Duque and Ozzie than Cooper. There's only so much he can do for Freddy, too, and Javier. Javier needs to be thought how to kill off a guy with two strikes on him.

Actually, Cooper's been most effective when he gets his pitchers to ditch their 3rd and 4th pitches, and he has them focus on their main pitches. Cotts and Thornton throw 90 pct fastballs. And trust me when I say that there were some people on this site that thought Cooper could make any pitcher into a quality pitcher.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
Actually, Cooper's been most effective when he gets his pitchers to ditch their 3rd and 4th pitches, and he has them focus on their main pitches. Cotts and Thornton throw 90 pct fastballs. And trust me when I say that there were some people on this site that thought Cooper could make any pitcher into a quality pitcher.

Well, yeah, I know there are people who think Cooper could fix anyone. I didn't say there weren't those people. :P

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
People never mention that Contreras' ERA was never anything near what Vazquez has right now, or that Contreras pitched well for most of the beginning of the year and hit a rough spot in the middle.

Contreras's first 2 months with Chicago

5-4 5.30 ERA 1.54 WHIP, 1.62 K/BB

His ERA after July last year was also 4.58...half a run lower than Vazquez, but not good by any means.