Sunday Yankees vs Whitesox 7/16/06 Gamethread

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the members of the pitching staff, I feel Ozzie shows the most favoritism to Garcia, I can recall on many occaisions early in the season where Ozzie has left Garcia out there to rot when he should have been pulled. I feel that to some degree, Ozzie has to take take some blame for the state of the pitching staff, he has pushed his starters too far in the first part of the season, and it's starting to show. He expected them to throw complete games, and it just couldn't happen this season.

Edited by soxunited

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 11:09 AM)
2-1 Royals, not that it really matters.

At this point i wouldnt worry about the Tigers, we need to worry about ourselves, because we have some major concerns with our pitching right now.

I just looked it up, and Garcia's ERA is now 5.04.

We have three, count 'em, THREE starters with ERA's over 5. That is absolutely pathetic. We have the worst rotation of any AL playoff contender basically.

Jaret Wright is better than most of our rotation. Think about that and die a little inside.

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
Sorry, now it is 4-1 KC. Can they hold a lead for once in the series?

No

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
Think about that and die a little inside.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(soxunited @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
Of all the members of the pitching staff, I feel Ozzie shows the most favoritism to Garcia, I can recall on many occaisions early in the season where Ozzie has left Garcia out there to rot when he should have been pulled. I feel that to some degree, Ozzie has to take take some blame for the state of the pitching staff, he has pushed his starters too far in the first part of the season, and it's starting to show. He expected them to throw complete games, and it just couldn't happen this season.

I don't think that's true. At the start of the season, the sp was pretty solid, but the pen was atrocious. Now it's reversed. Although I wish we could have kept the innings down for the rotation, at the time it didn't look wise.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)
Was Posada running to the mound?

Seriously, that was kind of funny.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 11:15 AM)
I don't think that's true. At the start of the season, the sp was pretty solid, but the pen was atrocious. Now it's reversed. Although I wish we could have kept the innings down for the rotation, at the time it didn't look wise.

Ya, Ozzie has been openly critical of Freddy and I think right now they are just hoping they can find a rhythm and start feeding off of each other because at this point thats exactly what it is. These guys lack confidence and they aren't able to get in a groove.

Thats a double by Andy Phillips with 2 outs.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)

But don't you think that they are now paying a higher price for all those pitches? The pen wasn't going to get any better sitting out there and not going out to the mound regularly. It might have worked in the playoffs, but it doesn't work in the regular season.