Where is the Red Cross?

EvilMonkey

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
Absolutely nothing. Which brings us back full circle.........waste of oxygen.

So, their inability to bring a 6,000 year old conflict to a screeching halt negates their entire existence?

(Also, this is a different argument than you began with--now you're arguing they're ineffective, when previously you said they aided and abetted terrorists).

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
So, their inability to bring a 6,000 year old conflict to a screeching halt negates their entire existence?

(Also, this is a different argument than you began with--now you're arguing they're ineffective, when previously you said they aided and abetted terrorists).

You're missing my point. They are completely ineffective at helping anyone under the control of terrorists. However, they do have a voice ( a rather annoying one at that ) on our side of things thanks to leftists who believe anything short of a massage and a full facial for terrorists and criminals is "torture".

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
You're missing my point. They are completely ineffective at helping anyone under the control of terrorists. However, they do have a voice ( a rather annoying one at that ) on our side of things thanks to leftists who believe anything short of a massage and a full facial for terrorists and criminals is "torture".

Of course, how could I forget the Amnesty International "Mani/Pedi for America Haters" promotion back in 2005. In fact, I think the Red Cross probably sold some of the blood for the finger sandwiches they served (all the ham salad was strictly Halal, I believe).

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
Of course, how could I forget the Amnesty International "Mani/Pedi for America Haters" promotion back in 2005.

If they had their way they wouldn't need to have one...........they would have US soldiers do it for them.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
If they had their way they wouldn't need to have one...........they would have US soldiers do it for them.

hy·per·bo·le Audio pronunciation of "hyperbole" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pûrb-l)

n.

1. A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect

2. The above quoted post

Nuke, physical and psychological torture are antithetical to the American values that we uphold -- not to mention that it is notoriously unreliable in getting accurate information. The idea that anybody who opposes physical and psychological torture must hate America is not only laughable but entirely asinine. The FBI has been one of the foremost vocal groups decrying the psychological torture tactics used by MI and the CIA saying that it is entirely ineffective in gathering accurate information, not to mention that it creates a precarious situation of permanent detention. They can't let the people go because they could be brought up on crimes of psychological and physical torture and they don't want them around because the people are severely mentally damaged as a result of the torture or completely innocent of the charges they had levied against them.

The FBI has promoted (and so did MI before KUBARK etc. got started) working up a rapport and a trust with the suspect in order to garner accurate information. The FBI style has worked numerous times in the past but we're supposed to forget all that now and fall in lockstep with the "By any means necessary" garbage.

That only begs the question: Why does the FBI hate America so much?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
That only begs the question: Why does the FBI hate America so much?

hy·per·bo·le Audio pronunciation of "hyperbole" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pûrb-l)

n.

2. The above quoted post

I really think its amazing how you can accuse me of doing something and then go ahead and do it yourself almost in the same breath.

Which leads me to reference good ol Websters myself............

hy·poc·ri·sy Audio pronunciation of "hypocrisy" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pkr-s)

n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies

1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

2. An act or instance of such falseness.

To say nothing of your baseless accusations that I think torture should be used first. If less painful means of interrogation prove fruitless then its time to ratchet up the intensity. Also, as I said in an earlier post, leftists like you define torture so broadly it makes the word itself meaningless.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)

n.

2. The above quoted post

I really think its amazing how you can accuse me of doing something and then go ahead and do it yourself almost in the same breath. To say nothing of your baseless accusations that I think torture should be used first. If less painful means of interrogation prove fruitless then its time to ratchet up the intensity. Also, as I said in an earlier post, leftists like you define torture so broadly it makes the word itself meaningless.

A simple reading of the CIA research (KUBARK, the 1950s experiments, etc.) shows the prevalence of psychological torture being utilized.

The torture researchers found fairly early on that psychological torture was more effective at gaining reliable information than physical torture. To be more precise, they discovered that sensory deprivation and self-inflicted pain produced more "actionable intelligence" than, say, beating someone. McCoy writes:

From A Question of Torture:

"Dr. Donald O. Hebb of McGill University [Canada], a brilliant psychologist, had a contract from the Canadian Defense Research Board, which was a partner with the CIA. In this research, he found that he could induce a state of psychosis in an individual within 48 hours. It didn't take electroshock, truth serum, beating or pain. All he did was have student volunteers sit in a cubicle with goggles, gloves and headphones, earmuffs, so that they were cut off from their senses, and within 48 hours, denied sensory stimulation, they would suffer, first hallucinations, then ultimately breakdown...Now, then, the second major breakthrough that the CIA had came here in New York City at Cornell University Medical Center, where two eminent neurologists under contract from the CIA studied Soviet KGB torture techniques, and they found that the most effective KGB technique was self-inflicted pain. You simply make somebody stand for a day or two. And as they stand -- OK, you're not beating them, they have no resentment -- you tell them, "You're doing this to yourself. Cooperate with us, and you can sit down." And so, as they stand, what happens is the fluids flow down to the legs, the legs swell, lesions form, they erupt, they separate, hallucinations start, the kidneys shut down."

Tell me that after reading these tactics if you don't see images of the Abu Ghraib guy hooded, tied to fake electrodes with arms akimbo while standing on the box. Tell me that you don't see the hooded and gloved detainees at Gitmo.

This so called "no touch torture" is no more acceptable than traditional torture.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
Tell me that after reading these tactics if you don't see images of the Abu Ghraib guy hooded, tied to fake electrodes with arms akimbo while standing on the box. Tell me that you don't see the hooded and gloved detainees at Gitmo.

This so called "no touch torture" is no more acceptable than traditional torture.

As far as Im concerned ALL forms of torture is acceptable if other means of interrogation fail. I don't recall trying to differentiate between different forms of it, just to accuse you and those who think like you of defining anything other than the coddling of terrorist and criminal scum as torture.