Idea: Vazquez and Pods for Gordon and Abreu

VAfan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 12:49 PM)
I love the personal attacks in this thread, which draws the attention away from how one sided this trade would be.

I really don't think we have any intention of dealing Vazquez at this juncture anyways.

And given the way this team is performing, it makes little sense to take on more salary right now for offensive players. We need pitching, not offense.

This is a trade you might see happen, Vazquez/Pods for Abreu/Myers.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)
If you compare Pods to other Leftfielders he is not that good, but not many of them leadoff either. If you put his stats up against the other leadoff hitters, he is somewhere in the middle. So that would mean half of the leadoff hitters in the league suck if Pods sucks.

Rjemico and Iamshack both bring up excellent points ..........

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
This is a trade you might see happen, Vazquez/Pods for Abreu/Myers.

Rjemico and Iamshack both bring up excellent points ..........

Javy hates Philly and that is one of the teams on his LNTC. I don't know if he can even be dealt there?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
Why does he hate Philly?

I have no idea. It may be the fans. It may be their park. It may be something that Javy experienced while he was playing for the Expos.

I do know that Philadelphia is one of the 5 teams he listed in his NTC though.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
What're the other four?

IMO, it probably has to do with the Park and the fans, as, historically, he had a problem with hte longball and playing in that bandbox with the Philly fans wouldn't have been good for him.

Not sure, but I know Detroit is one of them.

The Tigers reportedly had a deal in place for Arizona whereas Detroit would trade Zumaya and Curtis Granderson to Arizona for Vazquez. Vazquez then stepped in and vetoed the deal.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)

The Tigers reportedly had a deal in place for Arizona whereas Detroit would trade Zumaya and Curtis Granderson to Arizona for Vazquez. Vazquez then stepped in and vetoed the deal.

It's Phillies, Mariners, Rangers, Tigers. There are supposedly two more, too.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
It's Phillies, Mariners, Rangers, Tigers. There are supposedly two more, too.

So I cannot imagine Javier accepting a deal there, even if we did want to send him, which I don't believe we do.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
Abreu is not an elite base-stealer. Pods is.

So all it takes to be an elite base-stealer is the willingness to run all the time and get caught more often than everyone else, wasting valuable outs and being a drain to your own offense? I'm sure Abreu would be willing to run at inappropriate times and get thrown out more often if told to do so. After all, I'm sure he'd love to be called "elite."

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)

Damn, that would have been pretty nice for Arizona. :o

QUOTE(Contreras @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
So all it takes to be an elite base-stealer is the willingness to run all the time and get caught more often than everyone else, wasting valuable outs and being a drain to your own offense? I'm sure Abreu would be willing to run at inappropriate times and get thrown out more often if told to do so. After all, I'm sure he'd love to be called "elite."

I didn't write the post you are responding to, but I did post Podsednik's career percentages and Abreu's career percentages. Why did you completely ignore those?

And Podsednik really isn't being a "drain" on the offense. He is scoring exactly 50% of the times he gets on base this season, while Abreu, "the runs creating machine" is scoring only 34% of the time he gets in base. I understand it depends who you have knocking in runs behind you, but 59 runs scored after being on base 172 times is absolutely horrific.

QUOTE(Contreras @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)

And I'm sure that it'd be a really intelligent decision to spend $13 million/year on Abreu when we already have Thome, Konerko, Dye, and Crede, but out starting pitching is in shambles. It'd also be a super idea to owe a past-his-prime Tom Gordon close to $15 million over the next two seasons with Jenks, Cotts, Thornton, and Riske all pitching relatively well out of the 'pen.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 08:53 AM)
What are you talking about?

Perhaps if you would just stop insulting me for one second, go back and look at my posts, you would see that I never argued that what "I see on tv" is all that matters. You are being so incredibly stubborn because you don't agree with me that you haven't even actually absorbed anything I have said. Do you normally debate people by completely and utterly misstating their position and misunderstanding their arguments? What you are arguing against I would be willing to argue against as well.

Please, take some time to go back and comprehend what has actually occurred in these threads.

For all the time you have spent responding, one would think you would at least want to understand what you are responding to.

I knwo you didn't, thats all an assumption based on your anti-stat posts.

I know what I was responding to, someone who doesn't like stats. I defended my position, you defended yours. It should have been over a while ago.

QUOTE(SABR Sox @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
I knwo you didn't, thats all an assumption based on your anti-stat posts.

I know what I was responding to, someone who doesn't like stats. I defended my position, you defended yours. It should have been over a while ago.

SABR,

You haven't defended your position as much as repeat the same things over again in between insulting me once every three sentences.

From now on, if you are not going to contribute anything to the thread whatsoever, and you just want to take personal shots at me, feel free to do it via pm rather than forcing the entire Soxtalk.com community to read it.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
SABR,

You haven't defended your position as much as repeat the same things over again in between insulting me once every three sentences.

From now on, if you are not going to contribute anything to the thread whatsoever, and you just want to take personal shots at me, feel free to do it via pm rather than forcing the entire Soxtalk.com community to read it.

Haha, I'm not going to Pm any personal insults or anything like that.

I'm not a real bad guy over here.

I've been insulted too, but lets just end it.

Edited by SABR Sox

speak for youself dude, im not pretty... im one ugly ass smelly mother f***er.... i mean hey.... if i cant insult anyone on here any longer, i better at least take advantage of my freedom to slam myself...

what a lousey peice of crap you are hi8is! DIE!