The Sh*t Pitching Stops Here: Sox @ Yanks

Chisoxfn

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 12:23 PM)
Another absolutely pathetic at-bat by Konerko. Where is the f***ing bat speed?

he is coming off flulike symptoms, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Oh and BTW our 3-4-5 are just about useless today

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
Teams that rely so much on their offense are usually dissappointed when the season is over.

I should add, I'm not about to blame the offense since we have all these wins thanks to it and its bound to go cold. Too bad our pitching blows and your post is spot on. Our pitching doesn't pick up and the season is over, they MAY make the playoffs, but they won't go anywhere unless the pitching turns around.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
Teams that rely so much on their offense are usually dissappointed when the season is over.

:cheers

Personally, I'm not expecting Dye to continue to put up the amazing numbers he has all season. Also, I'm really worried about Konerko's approach at the plate. If our 3-4-5 continue to struggle the next 2 weeks, we're going to be in a lot of trouble in regards to making the playoffs.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
Just not a good weekend for the 3-4-5. What can you do. Go get em either in the 9th or tomorrow. They haven't had a series like this all year. Not much you can do about it.

Yep, I'm not about ready to throw our 3-4-5 under the bus though. They've carried this offense all season.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
Just not a good weekend for the 3-4-5. What can you do. Go get em either in the 9th or tomorrow. They haven't had a series like this all year. Not much you can do about it.

c'mon man, i'm usually one of the more positive ones on here, but it's not like we have been playing good ball the past couple weeks.

The worry on soxtalk is warranted for once.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
Or maybe one of them could have come up with atleast a single in one of these clutch spots. I really don't think that's too much to ask.

They've been doing it all year. It's just the last week or so that they haven't come through. Logically that would happen eventually. The baserunning has been more annoying.

Edited by G&T