The Sh*t Pitching Stops Here: Sox @ Yanks

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
I really don't think that's a sign of anything but i truely hope it is.

Well, he's a pretty good runner, to be honest. Velandia, who normally plays short, came in. Charlotte was up by 1, so it's tough to tell. He was pulled Top 7.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
Freddy still in. Interesting.

You know, maybe the reason that the velocity is down for the starters is the insane amount of innings/pitches they throw? With an off day tomorrow, there's no reason to keep Garcia in the game.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Well, he's a pretty good runner, to be honest. Velandia, who normally plays short, came in. Charlotte was up by 1, so it's tough to tell. He was pulled Top 7.

Wow, unless he's hurt that really doesn't make sense.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
Teams that rely so much on their offense are usually dissappointed when the season is over.

SHUT UP!

/look at record

/look at record against Detroit

/look at career averages of starters

/three words: vaunted pitching staff

:P ;)

Even though we all agreed pitching/defense wins championships, watch a large percentage of posters suddenly change their philosophy to include offense. It just what happens when people can't criticize what's in front of them.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
We should bump some threads from a couple of weeks ago when people argued we didn't need pitching help because the offense would carry us. We'll see what happens when our 3-4-5 guys go on a slump.

Like I've said all wknd, I would love for us to get Soriano or Andruw Jones.

BTW, for the Anderson lovers, I'm very optimistic about his at-bats recently.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
My sources tell me Josh Fields has been traded to San Francisco for Jason Schmidt, "Balco" Bonds, Omar Vizquel, Armando Benitez, Mike Mathney, Matt Cain, Noah Lowry, Pedro Feliz, 3 packs of MLB Baseballs, and 4 packets of sunflower seeds.

Sounds good. Where would Bonds play?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
As bad as Garcia's pitched today, he's really kept us in the game.

I think the opposite....he put us in a huge hole rather early in this game. He's just lucky he's buddies with Ozzie....95 pct of MLB starters would have been pulled in the 4th inning.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
c'mon man, i'm usually one of the more positive ones on here, but it's not like we have been playing good ball the past couple weeks.

The worry on soxtalk is warranted for once.

Where in my post did I say it wasn't warranted to anyone? I said the 3-4-5 had a bad weekend and hopefully they'll come out and have a better one this week.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
SHUT UP!

/look at record

/look at record against Detroit

/look at career averages of starters

/three words: vaunted pitching staff

:P ;)

Even though we all agreed pitching/defense wins championships, watch a large percentage of posters suddenly change their philosophy to include offense. It just what happens when people can't criticize what's in front of them.

:lolhitting Very good observation. There's a lot of that going on here for sure.

I'm 10000% for trading Fields if we can get a great package for him or include him in another package for some elite talent. I've just never liked the guy as a prospect and his value is simply insane right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 12:31 PM)
I think the opposite....he put us in a huge hole rather early in this game. He's just lucky he's buddies with Ozzie....95 pct of MLB starters would have been pulled in the 4th inning.

I think of it as Ozzie teaching Freddy a lesson and Freddy has thrown his FB a lot more now and done quite a bit better. As I say this Giambi will probably hammer one out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)

I was being extremely sarcastic. You know me better than that.

We have to showcasing Garcia right here.

Considering we're just returning from an extended break, and Garcia is hardly the best option available for us to maintain the deficit, he isn't out at 108 pitches to protect our pen.

Edited by Flash Tizzle