The Sh*t Pitching Stops Here: Sox @ Yanks

Chisoxfn

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
Detroit's pitching has looked quite mediocre vs the Royals.

That really is the only good sign of the weekend. Verlander still looks strong though and Bonderman will be real good for the 2nd half. Maybe Robertson, Miner, and Rogers can come back down to earth.

I think its a real waste using all those pitches in a game we are losing with an off day coming up but who knows. It could be things like this that led to Freddy's drop in velocity.

He was throwing a few more FB's the past 3 innings and I think he gave up just 1 hit during that span.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
Garcia was hitting 92-93 consistently on the gun that inning. Looks like he can still throw it when he wants. He better stop being a woman and do this more often.

92-93? I'm not sure about that

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
I think its a real waste using all those pitches in a game we are losing with an off day coming up but who knows. It could be things like this that led to Freddy's drop in velocity.

He was throwing a few more FB's the past 3 innings and I think he gave up just 1 hit during that span.

Especially as it would have been nice to give Tracey and Thornton an inning of relief today.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
Hey Admins: this thread has a curseword in the title.

Does that mean we're allowed to curse in our titles, as long as we asterik a letter?

You did say no one was exempt from the new rules.

Trouble maker :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the opposite....he put us in a huge hole rather early in this game. He's just lucky he's buddies with Ozzie....95 pct of MLB starters would have been pulled in the 4th inning.

...and our bullpen would've been tacked to hell with a big series in Detroit coming up.

His first inning act, along with Buehrle is beyond annoying. Let him warm up much longer before the game even if it means he can't get into the 7th.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
Garcia was hitting 92-93 consistently on the gun that inning. Looks like he can still throw it when he wants. He better stop being a woman and do this more often.

I'm not sure how accurate that WGN gun is. He actually hit 94 in the 5th, but when Wright was hitting 94 Hawk said it was 88 with movement. Who knows. I'd have a whole different opinion of Freddy if he could consistently get up to 92-94.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 12:38 PM)

Does that mean we're allowed to curse in our titles, as long as we asterik a letter?

Or I could just ban ya for making a post like this.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)

The same radar gun which had Jaret Wright at 94-96mph and Farnsworth at 93-94?

I don't want to suggest a conspiracy, but I notice with Garcia more than any other starter there's always a problem with radar guns. I recall against Bedard on CSN he was registered at 95-97 and Garcia was at 88-90. Which really speaks to his missing velocity -- not even a generous radar gun can make it look good.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
I'm not sure how accurate that WGN gun is. He actually hit 94 in the 5th, but when Wright was hitting 94 Hawk said it was 88 with movement. Who knows. I'd have a whole different opinion of Freddy if he could consistently get up to 92-94.

Well the same gun has Farnsworth in the 96 range so I wouldn't doubt the gun too much.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That really is the only good sign of the weekend. Verlander still looks strong though and Bonderman will be real good for the 2nd half. Maybe Robertson, Miner, and Rogers can come back down to earth.

Rogers is already well on his way, Miner, who knows, but I always of Robertson as being a tough lefty. I never knew the Sox drafted him until farmer pointed it out last series.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)

The thread starter was warned. Thank you for your very keen observation.