The Sh*t Pitching Stops Here: Sox @ Yanks

Chisoxfn

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
Just one of those weekends. Unfortunately it is two in a row. That was more them than us last week though.

It's too bad we can't face the national league anytime soon. Those terrible teams hide our lack of fundamentals/coaching.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
But I thought Pods was clutch :huh

.330+ with RISP.

2 for 3 with 2 walks on the day. Then you are going to say he's not clutch when one of the best closers of all time gets him out?

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
Lol. 4 or 5 times now we've had 2 on, no out, and gotten nothing. Great way to win a ballgame.

So chaulk up game number 2 where we've beaten ourselves.

They must have known that this game was over since the first inning, and just not cared.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
.330+ with RISP.

2 for 3 with 2 walks on the day. Then you are going to say he's not clutch when one of the best closers of all time gets him out?

I would have rather had a righty on the bench we could have hit in that situation. Lefties have no prayer against Rivera. Of course, Gload continues to be a waste of a roster spot.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
I thought Podsednik at least had a good plan there. He took two steps back during Mariano's delivery to neutralize the cutter but he actually didn't step back far enough.

Yeah I saw that. I was surprised. You don't usually see that. But I think it was smart, like you said, because he knew he was coming with some nasty inside breaking pitch. It just didn't work out that time.

Just a friendly reminder that despite all this s***, we didn't just stumble into 20 plus games over .500

We are playing like garbage, but the talent is there and there are still a lot of games left to be played (whether thats good or bad, I don't know).

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
I would have rather had a righty on the bench we could have hit in that situation. Lefties have no prayer against Rivera. Of course, Gload continues to be a waste of a roster spot.

I'd love Andre Ethier, but he's a lefty and not available.

One can dream.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)

What the f*** are you talking about? Gload can do everything Mackowiak does for a fraction of the cost. He's just not getting a chance.