The Sh*t Pitching Stops Here: Sox @ Yanks

Chisoxfn

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
Just want you to call it both ways. Obviously you can't...

The dude is hitting .200 on the year. THe fact that you single me out is hilarious. Everybody hates on Pods and you dont' say a thing when everybody is hating on him when he is crushing BA offensively. THe double standard is hilarious.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
What the f*** are you talking about? Gload can do everything Mackowiak does for a fraction of the cost. He's just not getting a chance.

Shut up :P It's just simply amazing that we're almost 100 games into the season, and we still have the same holes on our roster that we did the opening weekend.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
Just a friendly reminder that despite all this s***, we didn't just stumble into 20 plus games over .500

We are playing like garbage, but the talent is there and there are still a lot of games left to be played (whether thats good or bad, I don't know).

To be honest, we haven't played very many good or great teams thus far. But I agree, we DO have the talent, but we don't seem to have the focus right now.

At the least, I see that Detroit's played poor against KC this weekend, too, and was fortunate that they were playing KC, because that's the only reason they pulled out their wins, aside from Verlander's. I take some heart in the way they've been playing.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
The dude is hitting .200 on the year. THe fact that you single me out is hilarious. Everybody hates on Pods and you dont' say a thing when everybody is hating on him when he is crushing BA offensively. THe double standard is hilarious.

Am I actually seeing an argument between two of the most optimistic posters on this site? Next thing you know is that Milkman and I are going to get into an argument. :P

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
To be honest, we haven't played very many good or great teams thus far. But I agree, we DO have the talent, but we don't seem to have the focus right now.

Now its time to maybe get some cluth hits...maybe....just maybe :cheers :drink

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
Looks like KC will get its first win of the year vs. DET. Can we capitalize on that at all in te 9th?

You spoke about 6 outs too early. 9-6 now, and still no outs in the 8th.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
At the least, I see that Detroit's played poor against KC this weekend, too, and was fortunate that they were playing KC, because that's the only reason they pulled out their wins, aside from Verlander's. I take some heart in the way they've been playing.

They just won 3 out of 4. With their record so far, that type of "crappy" play will let them cruise into the playoffs. It's not like we kicked the s*** out of KC last year when we'd beat them. We had an insane amount of one run, lucky wins vs them last year.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
You spoke about 6 outs too early. 9-6 now, and still no outs in the 8th.

Man, the Tigers have "it". It's too bad they're competing with us, as I would really admire them if they were in the NL.