And That's A White Sox Loss

Flash Tizzle

No, we're not latching onto any past defeats with these threads. :P

Great start to the second half, huh? Every division of the team disappointed in atleast one game this series. Most often in combination. Game 1, bullpen and offense; Game 2, starting pitching and defense; Game 3 starting pitching and offense.

puke.jpg.w300h239.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
This is the anti-2005, remember how great that Cleveland series was comming out of the break last year? Damn that was fun.

We're going to have a hell of an August then :)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
This is the anti-2005, remember how great that Cleveland series was comming out of the break last year? Damn that was fun.

I was thinking that yesterday...we started off looking great in the 2nd half and boy did that end fast, maybe we'll do the opposite this time around with the same net result (World Series championship).

I hope they take the off day to refocus and do what they need to, to be prepared to take care of business against the Tigers.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
Im looking forward to leaving New York and regrouping and seeing what KW is gonna come up with. There are so many rumors Im sure something is gonna happen soon.

Sure, there are a lot of rumors, but none of them really make sense and go along with KW's philosophy. Since it's so hard to acquire starting pitching, I really think the best thing we could do is improve our offense even more.

I'd like to thank the schedule maker for the off day tomorrow. It's a pleasant break from the crap we just had to watch this wknd.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
So do we have any more info on Fields getting pulled from the game?

It was a precautionary move, he was hit in the leg by a Pawtucket player earlier in the game so they got him out of there after he got on base.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
We live and die on offense with our 3-4-5. If they struggle in the 2nd half of the year, we have no chance at making the playoffs. I wonder what the Orioles would want for Tejada?

We dont need anymore offense. What we need is for our starters to grab their balls and act something remotely similar to the guys who carried this team last season.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
We dont need anymore offense. What we need is for our starters to grab their balls and act something remotely similar to the guys who carried this team last season.

So you're suggesting we stand pat then.....which is actually what I think will happen. It's sad though, because after watching us play the AL East powers, I think we're an inferior team.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
4 posts already. I looked over the last few game winner threads and found 0 posts for you. <_>

Well, I guess I should let you know that I had appendicitis, and was in the hospital for a few days. Then when I got back, I stayed away from the computer for a few days. Thanks for your concern though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
So you're suggesting we stand pat then.....which is actually what I think will happen. It's sad though, because after watching us play the AL East powers, I think we're an inferior team.

If everybody plays to their potential then nobody could touch us. That's obviously not happening right now.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
If everybody plays to their potential then nobody could touch us. That's obviously not happening right now.

Can our pitchers consistently get out their tough hitters? It sure didn't seem like it.