Starting a New Mojo--Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

I realize the game isn't til Tuesday, but we need to shake the mojo. Maybe a mood will be made between now and then. Who knows.

Let's hope Jon continues his pitching and we continue to own the Tigers. We can get ourselves right back into things with a good series.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would love to say your right, and this will shake up mojo, but Nate Robertson is a left handed pitcher, which means that Chris Widger + Pablo Ozuna will be out there, Zer Lame!

I have more faith in Jon than I do in anyone who is not a Bronze Titan

QUOTE(beautox @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
i would love to say your right, and this will shake up mojo, but Nate Robertson is a left handed pitcher, which means that Chris Widger + Pablo Ozuna will be out there, Zer Lame!

Widger will not be in the game. Monday off, no reason to sit AJ, its not as if Widge is a better option even against a southpaw

QUOTE(beautox @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)

I think with the importance of the game and series, you will see AJ in there for the entire series, especially with the day off tomorrow.

Even though every game counts in the standings, you can't underestimate the importance of head to head Divisional play.

Garland is due for a solid outing, lets get some confidence back!

If he throws strike one, keeps the ball down, and runs his sinker in on righties he will shut down the tiggers.

On that point, our team needs to man the f*** up. Waving Wendell Cora needs to read a baseball book on when is the appropriate time to send a runner that my 60 year old father could probably beat in a footrace. It would suggest that when the ball is received by the LF and the slow runner hasnt even made it to 3rd is probably a bad time to waving at the runner. Our team needs to go back to hitting line drives, and stop the pull monkey pull it over the fence crap. If a ball is hit to you, catch it, if the runner is going to score on a single throw the ball into second so the trailer does get into 2nd to make a bad inning worse. If they do a few of these things we should be okay.

And the sooner Bmac is in the rotation, the better.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 05:12 PM)
Even the Rally Crede can't help a Freddy Garcia 86 MPH fastball.

But either dealing Garcia or putting his tired arm on the DL can. Maybe the Rally Crede can help us with that.

Ozzie needs to start his A team against the Tiggers this series. No resting of any f***ing starters unless they are on the verge of death. No f***ing Widger because X pitcher is a lefty. No Cintron because I want to give Gooch a rest. No Mack because we need a more lefty based lineup. You want to pinch hit late in the game to get a matchup, go for it. You start any of those, or more to the point large numbers of those on the silly idea of getting guys fresh then how about a no.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 05:27 PM)
But either dealing Garcia or putting his tired arm on the DL can. Maybe the Rally Crede can help us with that.

Ozzie needs to start his A team against the Tiggers this series. No resting of any f***ing starters unless they are on the verge of death. No f***ing Widger because X pitcher is a lefty. No Cintron because I want to give Gooch a rest. No Mack because we need a more lefty based lineup. You want to pinch hit late in the game to get a matchup, go for it. You start any of those, or more to the point large numbers of those on the silly idea of getting guys fresh then how about a no.

Yup. We have an off day tomorrow. People are gonna be rested.

Podsednik

Iguchi

Thome

Konerko

Dye

Pierzynski

Crede

Uribe

Anderson

We better f***ing see that announced as the starting lineup, all three games.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
Yup. We have an off day tomorrow. People are gonna be rested.

Podsednik

Iguchi

Thome

Konerko

Dye

Pierzynski

Crede

Uribe

Anderson

We better f***ing see that announced as the starting lineup, all three games.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cintron at SS against Bonderman, and I would understand Mackowiak playing somewhere against him also.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
I wouldn't mind seeing Cintron at SS against Bonderman, and I would understand Mackowiak playing somewhere against him also.

In that large real estate of CF Mack would be a butcher. He wouldnt have a prayer out there. Running down liners into the gap. I would rather have Anderson and his approach. He could get a hit off of Randy, he can get a hit off of Mussina. He can go up against Bonderman.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
In that large real estate of CF Mack would be a butcher. He wouldnt have a prayer out there. Running down liners into the gap. I would rather have Anderson and his approach. He could get a hit off of Randy, he can get a hit off of Mussina. He can go up against Bonderman.

I'm not so sure that Dye or PK won't need a day off this series. Dye looks injured out there, as he's lost about 3 steps in the field.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
I have more faith in Jon than I do in anyone who is not a Bronze Titan

Widger will not be in the game. Monday off, no reason to sit AJ, its not as if Widge is a better option even against a southpaw

See your thinking logical, thats not the way ozzie sees it, remember he loves the match ups. Why did AJ sit out after the ASG, he had 4 days off.

also i think its time detective scrotes made an apperance again

scrotes.gif

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
Mack would be much better suited to spell Dye, IMO. I'd be willing to stomach Thome at first for a game, DH'ing Rob or Alex as well.

Our team has had time off. This is the first series off of the allstar break. Dye and Konerko only played a few innings so they cant be tired.

None of our regulars should be tired. There is a day off tomorrow.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
If he throws strike one, keeps the ball down, and runs his sinker in on righties he will shut down the tiggers.

On that point, our team needs to man the f*** up. Waving Wendell Cora needs to read a baseball book on when is the appropriate time to send a runner that my 60 year old father could probably beat in a footrace. It would suggest that when the ball is received by the LF and the slow runner hasnt even made it to 3rd is probably a bad time to waving at the runner. Our team needs to go back to hitting line drives, and stop the pull monkey pull it over the fence crap. If a ball is hit to you, catch it, if the runner is going to score on a single throw the ball into second so the trailer does get into 2nd to make a bad inning worse. If they do a few of these things we should be okay.

And the sooner Bmac is in the rotation, the better.

Best points I've read in a long time, there are some small things in there that we keep doing wrong over and over and over and over and over and it's making me friggin crazy watching these kinds of mistakes from a team that's known for/built themselves upon smartball.

Hey, Crede is 10 steps from 3rd base and the Yankee left fielder is already throwing the ball, let's wave him around so Posada can literally walk up the third base line to meet him when he touches the bag!!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
Our team has had time off. This is the first series off of the allstar break. Dye and Konerko only played a few innings so they cant be tired.

None of our regulars should be tired. There is a day off tomorrow.

Konerko is still battling a stomach virus. Hopefully that's gone by Tuesday, but it might not be.

I don't like the fact the Tigers are playing with the house's money.

They have the healthy lead on us and can play loose.

If they lose every game they still have first place.

If they kick our ass, they are starting to pull way away.

If we win this series, we'll certainly have earned it.

It ain't gonna be easy with those assholes playing with nothing to lose.