Starting a New Mojo--Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 12:15 AM)
Your thread magic better work, Heads, I've got something as good as money riding on this: I'VE GOT INTERNET CREDIBILITY ON THE LINE!!

As little as it is Greg, I don't think you should worry much.. :P :lol:

I'm predicting Brian is going to get his first 3 hit game in his career in one of these series. :)

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
As little as it is Greg, I don't think you should worry much.. :P :lol:

I'm predicting Brian is going to get his first 3 hit game in his career in one of these series. :)

What's that? There's a ball hit somewhere that you've gotta hustle up on?!

Please be aware that Detroit's pitching also hasn't been at top form since the break.

Besides Verlander shutting out KC on Saturday, Bonderman gave up 4 quick runs on Thursday and didn't have any control, Rogers gave up 5 runs in 4 innings and Zumaya gave up 3 runs in one innings on Friday and well the staff gave up 9 runs on Sunday, including star rookie Miner.

All this against KC.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

The pitching wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad either.

Yesterday Ledezma got bombed in relief, but considering he had 3 and 1/3 innings in the last month it wasn't too suprising.

The only one who worries me is Rogers, as he seems to be leaving the ball up in the zone and giving up alot of homers lately.

Anyways, here's to a great series :)

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
Yup. We have an off day tomorrow. People are gonna be rested.

I hope you're right - looked like both Dye and PK were tired/hurting. I know the flu has something to do with this and can weaken you for a few days at least, especially when you're playing major league baseball in the heat.

The sox are out of sync so I'm not putting much hope into this 3 game series. They have the look of a team on a 7 or 8 game skid.

Here's hoping I'm wrong yet again. :cheers

This series is critical for us. I look for our Sox to go into Motown and give the Tigers a beating, a sweep is possible since we were swept out of NYC we need to make it pay back time and sweep the Motor City Kitties out of Detroit.

Winning only one would not temper anything and cause more upheaval among the masses but I honestly would be content with this. We would then need to get going at home losses of 4-2, 3-1 and then a 6-1 win somewhere in the series is about what I am thinking.

The important thing is for Vazquez to throw great for a change and Contrearas and Garland to have quality starts. If these happen I am fine with whatever outcome we have.

Just like last time we faced the Tigers, game 1 is the biggest game of the series.

We win game 1, and for games 2 and 3, if anything goes bad, the Tigers go into "aw s***, not again, what is it about this team" mode...the same mode the Sox were in for about 4 years every time we went to Oakland. We win game 1, and either we go into game 3 looking to win the series with Contreras on the mound, or we get a good perfomance out of Javy and the Tigers are trying to avoid a sweep against Contreras.

We lose game 1, and the Tigers feel a little bit more confidence, while the White Sox maybe start thinking "here we go again" after losing 6 of 7. Then if Javy doesn't come out and outpitch the Tigers' stud, suddenly we're looking at having to beat Rogers to stay out of the sweep.

Game 1 is the key to this series. Jon Garland is the key to this series. It'd also be nice to get an early lead in game 1, but Jon must do his job. He's had plenty o' rest.

Edited by Balta1701

lets beat the living sh**t out of this team and remind them that were the team to beat.

The Sox should be pissed off at what happened in New York and they should come out like fire breathing dragons high PCP.

I know i am. minus the PCP.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
Great. Should be a fun gamethread with all the Tigers fan on it tonight.

*prepares .357 to point into own mouth*

I sort of feel lucky I'll be at work, although that means I'll miss nearly the whole game :(

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
Great. Should be a fun gamethread with all the Tigers fan on it tonight.

*prepares .357 to point into own mouth*

I find that the Tigers fans are more respectful to us Sox fans than we Sox fans are to other Sox fans.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
I find that the Tigers fans are more respectful to us Sox fans than we Sox fans are to other Sox fans.

You are correct. However, I get very salty when my team is playing like crap and I sometimes have trouble being polite to fans of opposing teams.

Hopefully the darkside of the Sqwert won't need to be revealed.

Edited by BigSqwert