Series Preview: Sox @ Tigers

Rowand44

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 12:32 AM)
If you lose your posting abilities for 10 days due to a bet that's basically a suspension. Probably a poor choice of words but I figured it was clear enough that you could figure it out.

Well we agreed to our terms, and we're fine with it, which is ultimately the only thing that matters. I think that's the end of it.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 01:33 AM)
IMO, it's alot easier for a Tiger fan to not post on a sox board for a short time, than to have a sox poster basically worship the division rival in his sig basically embarrassing him as a sox fan.

Just my two cents, but it's their bet so, as usual, I'll back off. ;)

Exactly.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
Can't we get rid of shoota for 10 days anyways? :D :P

I kid because I care.

I'll make a bet with you. If Detroit wins the series, you suspend shoota for 10 days. If the Sox do, I'll suspend him. Deal?

just kidding shoota

It would be great to start this series off with a win. We need to switch momentum right now and a win would completely do that I think. If we could manage 2 of 3 or god forbid a sweep they might say the Sox are the best team in baseball at least for another week. GO SOX!

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
It would be great to start this series off with a win. We need to switch momentum right now and a win would completely do that I think. If we could manage 2 of 3 or god forbid a sweep they might say the Sox are the best team in baseball at least for another week. GO SOX!

And we pretty much need to. Garland's been one of our best starters (not really saying much there), and we need to win the games right now where we are actually getting solid pitching, so hopefully he can continue that.

From what I can tell with Robertson, we're going to struggle to take him deep, he's only given up 3ER in 9GS at Comerica. So that means smallball should really come into effect tonight.

He's only giving up a .182 BAA against lefties which means Pods will probably sit tonight, and maybe A.J as well. And he's not a good starter early, nor is he when that pitch count gets above 90. In the middle though, he's been money this season, so we need to get on the board nice and early.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
By Justin Udany

After getting swept by the Yankees and seeing their wild card lead dip to three games, the Sox will head into Comerica Park for a battle with first place Detroit. The Sox come into this series facing their biggest divisional deficit of the year at 4.5 games and they really need a strong showing to get things going back on the right track. Luckily for the Sox, they have their two hottest starting pitchers at the moment pitching in this series, in Jon Garland and Jose Contreras.

Read More...

One more win and we prove this moron wrong...

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 05:18 AM)
I'll make a bet with you. If Detroit wins the series, you suspend shoota for 10 days. If the Sox do, I'll suspend him. Deal?

just kidding shoota

So like the Tigers against the White Sox, I can't win.