Doing multiple quotes on a post

Guest JimH

Can someone help me with how to do multiple quotes on one post please?

Example, let's suppose Posters A, B, and C are having a discussion. Poster A says something and Poster B says something. Poster C wants to quote both and comment beneath each of those.

The only way I've figured out to do it is quote one post, add the reply to the board, and then go back and edit it.

There has got to be an easier way, right?

Thanks,

Jim

test?

:(

I apparently suck.

Oh, alright. It doesn't work with the fast reply, only slow reply :P

Apparantly I am worse. :bang

Doesn't seem like I should hit "reply button first, so I'm not getting how to comment under each post.

Can someone be kind enough to give me a walk thru please, thanks. :D

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 07:24 AM)
i love sushi.

Test Test

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 07:47 AM)

Doesn't seem like I should hit "reply button first, so I'm not getting how to comment under each post.

Test Test

Hey Jim, if this works than I guess I know how to do it. What you do is click on the quote button (not the reply button) for the quotes you are interested (the quote button will than turn another color). After you have the interested quotes, hit the Add Reply button.

In the reply section you should see two different quotes and after the

[/quote]

tag you would enter your response to each of the quotes and than just submit the post.

Hopefully that helps

Click the "+ Quote" button (which is right next to the reply w/ a quote button under each post) for all of the posts that you want to quote. Then, go down to the bottom of the page and click the "Add Reply" button, which is between the "Fast Reply" and "New Topic" buttons. That'll take you to the new reply page, and it will include all the quotes on it. To reply to each one specifically, just add your comments to each specific quote after the code. For example (ignore the *):

[*quote name=Steve9347' date='Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:24 AM' post='1215142]

i love sushi.

[/*quote]

blah blah reply blah

[*quote name=JimH' date='Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:47 AM' post='1215156]

[/*quote]

reply reply reply

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:00 AM)

Example, let's suppose Posters A, B, and C are having a discussion. Poster A says something and Poster B says something. Poster C wants to quote both and comment beneath each of those.

The only way I've figured out to do it is quote one post, add the reply to the board, and then go back and edit it.

Thanks,

Jim

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:12 AM)
click the "+ Quote" button on each post that you want to quote... then click Add Reply at the bottom, and they will show up in your reply.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
Steve can you make another post so I can practice it here? Thanks. :D

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:24 AM)
i love sushi.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
test?

I apparently suck.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:47 AM)

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 11:05 AM)
Test Test

Test Test

Hey Jim, if this works than I guess I know how to do it. What you do is click on the quote button (not the reply button) for the quotes you are interested (the quote button will than turn another color). After you have the interested quotes, hit the Add Reply button.

[/quote]

tag you would enter your response to each of the quotes and than just submit the post.

Hopefully that helps

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 11:11 AM)
Click the "+ Quote" button (which is right next to the reply w/ a quote button under each post) for all of the posts that you want to quote. Then, go down to the bottom of the page and click the "Add Reply" button, which is between the "Fast Reply" and "New Topic" buttons. That'll take you to the new reply page, and it will include all the quotes on it. To reply to each one specifically, just add your comments to each specific quote after the code. For example (ignore the *):

i love sushi.

[/*quote]

blah blah reply blah

[/*quote]

reply reply reply

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

:lizard

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)

Thanks,

Jim

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
click the "+ Quote" button on each post that you want to quote... then click Add Reply at the bottom, and they will show up in your reply.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
i love sushi.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
test?

I apparently suck.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Test Test

Test Test

[/quote]

Hopefully that helps

:D What we realy need is a "Smug" smilie.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 09:00 AM)

Thanks,

Jim

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 09:18 AM)

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 09:24 AM)
i love sushi.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
test?

I apparently suck.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:05 AM)
Test Test

Test Test

[/quote]

Hopefully that helps

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:11 AM)

i love sushi.

[/*quote]

blah blah reply blah

[/*quote]

reply reply reply

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)

I win...

Thanks,

Jim

i love sushi.

test?

I apparently suck.

Test Test

Test Test

[/quote]

Hopefully that helps

i love sushi.

[/*quote]

blah blah reply blah

[/*quote]

reply reply reply

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

I win...

king.

edit: lol, i'm seeing all the correct tags but no quote boxes... :huh

Thanks,

Jim

i love sushi.

test?

I apparently suck.

Test Test

Test Test

[/quote]

Hopefully that helps

i love sushi.

[/*quote]

blah blah reply blah

[/*quote]

reply reply reply

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

I win...

king.

edit: lol, i'm seeing all the correct tags but no quote boxes... :huh

meet hercules' horny brother, testicles.