Palestinians and the American Indian

NorthSideSox72

Physical charateristics. There is a palestinian culture - partially derived from Bedouinism, which as become a part of the Palenstinians. I won't pretend to know much about it. But I do remember that I went to grad school with a palestinian woman who made amazing Baba Ghannouge.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
Has there ever been a Palestinian nation? What are their national holidays, customs, etc? Do they have any distinct cuisines or anything? I am curious as to what makes them a distinct nationality? I hope this does not sound confrontational (I do not mean for it to be), because this is something I am curious about.

A good friend of mine is Palestinian and they basically share the same culture as the rest of the Arab world. There are subtle differences, though. I also believe (but am not sure) that the majority of them are Sunni.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
Has there ever been a Palestinian nation? What are their national holidays, customs, etc? Do they have any distinct cuisines or anything? I am curious as to what makes them a distinct nationality? I hope this does not sound confrontational (I do not mean for it to be), because this is something I am curious about.

One could make the same argument about the whole of the Middle East. Prior to the British drawing lines, there was no Syrian nation, or Iraqi nation, or Lebanese nation. One could say the same thing about many nations in Europe too.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
i haven't read the thread...but i'm just hoping someone else took the time to show why this is a poor comparison.

Perhaps if you read the 2 page thread, you'd see that multiple people pointed out differences (myself included) - and at least one person dismissed it in its entirety. Also, if you read my post, you might see that there are indeed some significant parallels, to go along with those important differences.

Edited by NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
Perhaps if you read the 2 page thread, you'd see that multiple people pointed out differences (myself included) - and at least one person dismissed it in its entirety. Also, if you read my post, you might see that there are indeed some significant parallels, to go along with those important differences.

no no no, I am not gonna read on my day off, bro, not gonna happen. From this point on i will not read a thing. Good day soxtalk

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 05:43 PM)
its probably in green because he doesn't want people to think its associated with him.

It's in green because I was half-joking.

BTW, do you plan on contributing anything intellectually-stimulating to this discussion, or do you just want to take shots at people who are?