Hawk on the Score this morning

Hangar18

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 09:49 AM)
Insight.

We don't get any from our TV guys.

Shame.

That's a rediculous statement, Ugly II. Have you been to other cities and found any other announcers appearing on morning radio shows? I haven't heard any on the west coast. Hawk gives way more insight then any other announcer in baseball.

QUOTE(Winning Ugly @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
That's a rediculous statement, Ugly II. Have you been to other cities and found any other announcers appearing on morning radio shows? I haven't heard any on the west coast. Hawk gives way more insight then any other announcer in baseball.

But what Hawk is considering as insight is all fluffed up. He is a total company man. I'd love to have someone who isn't opposed to saying if something sucks, like Steve Stone for instance. I like Hawk, but I want to hear the real bottom line, not the fluffed up version of the bottom line.

QUOTE(Beltin @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)
Most insightful post of the season. Congrats.

I am so tired of reading how the Tigers are weak here or there and how they are going to collapse or how they can not keep up this pace. They are not only in first place in all of baseball, they are leading or close to leading every major important team statistical category in the majors. You do not do that because you are lucky. I hope the Sox spank them in the next three games, but the fact is they are 4.5 games better than the Sox right now. In a game of inches that is a pretty sizable lead. Also, even with the 2nd best record in baseball, there are several teams pretty close to the WS heels in the WC race. I am more worried about Minnesota and NY right now than I am about catching the Tigers.

And yet everyone ignores that Kenny Rogers ERA is now 4.10. Not to mention their 1-6 record against a team posters around here seemingly have no faith in. Did I mention the Sox have been on the Tigers heels all year? (Without any consistancy, to boot.) The Tigers are f***ed. BOOK IT.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 01:23 AM)
The argument of best team in baseball is pointless. Like every year, we will find out in the last week of October who the best team in baseball actually is.

Hopefully we'll be in the running to have that chance instead of at home watching.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
And yet everyone ignores that Kenny Rogers ERA is now 4.10. Not to mention their 1-6 record against a team posters around here seemingly have no faith in. Did I mention the Sox have been on the Tigers heels all year? (Without any consistancy, to boot.) The Tigers are f***ed. BOOK IT.

Where did you see me say that I had no faith in my post? Kenny Rogers could have a 7.99 ERA for all I care, if the Tigers are in first place with the best record in baseball, then they are the best team. So what, we are now 6-2 against them, we're still not in first place with the best record.