is it me....

Iguana

Yep, no more juiced bats or body.

Plus, since the cork incident he has done his moronic hop 3 times on balls that didn't leave the park. Would have been priceless to see him thrown out at 2B in last nights game after hopping and the ball only going to the wall.

No cork or steroids means the ball doesn't carry that extra 10 feet or so for the HR.

Sosa came to camp 20 pounds lighter this year.  It was a blip in the papers in March at the beginning of Spring Training.  Bonds also came in lighters as did a bunch of other players. 

I wonder if the steroid testing had anything to do with that?

I think Sosa did extensive cardiovascular and plyometric training to regain his speed that he lost over the years

Sosa came to camp 20 pounds lighter this year.  It was a blip in the papers in March at the beginning of Spring Training.  Bonds also came in lighters as did a bunch of other players. 

Hmmmmmmm :huh:

No, Bonds takes "creatine and amino acid supplements"

Kind of like calling alcohol "Grandpa's old cough medicine."

No cork or steroids means the ball doesn't carry that extra 10 feet or so for the HR.

I've noticed this too and have pointed it out to some people. ShamME has done the hop before on balls that didn't leave the yard but when was the last time he has done it 3 times in a row? Balls' that barely go yard with corked bats are nothing more than deep flyouts with regulation bats. ShamME's been using corked bats for some time now. Brian McRae said in an ESPN interview last week that everyone in the clubhouse knew ShamME had them when McRae was Soso's teammate. He finally got caught and it's showing at the plate. And to those that say ShamME has broken bats before and no cork was found and why doesn't the HoF have "game used" bats that were corked..... most bats rarely shear in half, most break at the handle and how many people handle the "game used" bats before MLB gets their hands on them? :huh: