Farmio cracks me up

gojimthome

"I said I had a feeling he'd (Konerko) hit a homer tonight, didn't I?"

Am I imagining things, or does he say that he has that feeling about Paulie in every single game?

Kind of like mlbtraderumors.com or ESPN's rumormongering geniuses...If you just say "Team x will make a big trade before the deadline" about every team in baseball, you get to say you're right at the end. :chair

QUOTE(Contreras @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
"I said I had a feeling he'd (Konerko) hit a homer tonight, didn't I?"

Am I imagining things, or does he say that he has that feeling about Paulie in every single game?

Kind of like mlbtraderumors.com or ESPN's rumormongering geniuses...If you just say "Team x will make a big trade before the deadline" about every team in baseball, you get to say you're right at the end. :chair

He first mentioned it during Kornerko's AB in the 4th when he grounded out to Inge. He had popped to RF earlier so, at least this time, give Farmio a pass.

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
Loves when he paints the picture of the uniforms each team is wearing and also when he orders the fans to "Go Crazy."

He got that from Rooney - and it's sponsored now, so he has to.

QUOTE(Drew @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
Farmer is way too homer-happy. His favorite insight to add is what the score would be if who happens to be at bat hit a home run.

Excellent observation! :cheers

During that 19 inning game with the BoSox, I think he started doing that from the 3rd inning on.

It got to be that everyone at the Backyard BBQ I was attending was racing to beat him to saying it for every batter.