Sosa suspensioned reduced one game

southsider2k5

Fair?  Not even.  If they wanted to serve justice, they would have suspended him 15 games.  It would show the MLB will NOT tolerate cheating, even if you cheat accidentally.

As much as I don't like Sosa, and the BS lies he came up with to try to cover himself, the suspension is pretty much what anyone has ever gotten. I can live with that. Now if MLB wanted to set down new guidelines and say that anyone caught cheating gets something like 20 games, that I would agree with. It pisses me off when you mess with the intergrity of the game. And that would go for everything from cork, to spitballs, to steroids, and anything else of that ilk.

Ozzie Smith said it should be a month! I agree. Colon gets 5 games for hitting somebody, which happens during the course of a game every single day, and is not neccesarily against the rules. Sosa gets only two games more for cheating! Breaking the rules!

MLB should have set a precident a long time ago with cheating - corked bats, scuffing the ball. Give 'em 15, 20 games and it'll go away.

The '19 Sox threw the Series and got banned from baseball. As far as we know, no one has ever thrown it since.

I agree, 7 games in kinda BS, but it all comes back to "look what he did for baseball"...that is BS as well.

Colon gets 5 games, and Sammy gets 7?

something is wrong there.

Colon's a SP though.... 5 games for a SP = 1 game for everyone else.

Colon gets 5 games for hitting somebody, which happens during the course of a game every single day, and is not neccesarily against the rules.

You bring up another interesting point - when Bartolo got suspended for 5 games, it was really only a one-start suspension. Is THAT fair? Shouldn't he really miss 5 starts? I guess you can THEORETICALLY argue that Bart would be available to pitch in some 16-inning game along the way, but realistically he's only getting a one-game suspension. If we're talking about rule changes, should the rules reflect "number of starts" for starting pitchers and "number of games" for relievers and position players?

Now if MLB wanted to set down new guidelines and say that anyone caught cheating gets something like 20 games, that I would agree with.

Of course, any new guidelines would not affect ShamME's suspension - the Players ASSociation would see to that.

And getting any hard-line rule put in place would involve quite a struggle, as well.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i can live with the 7 games cause thats pretty much what everyone else got for doing the same thing.. .the thing i dont like is wondering if all those records were with a juiced bat or not..... and how would they prove it or not.... its a shame that no one will ever know .......the only satisfaction i can have out of this totaly is knowing that as long as there are sox fans alive shammey aka corky will never live this down......... :D

Belle got suspended 10 games, and he was in the same category as Sosa, although he was known as a troublemaker.

Sosa should get double-digit games, at the very least.

I guess it's fine....he'll be even worse when he comes back(unless he loads up on the juice) and one of these times, he'll do his little hop and he'll hit a shallow fly ball to right field that is caught by the 2Bman.

It's not fair. If he plays with a corked bat, imagine what he did in the past to be a player that he is right now. And Sosa was struggling, he took that corked bat , trying to get out of it.

What was the excuse for the suspension get reduced???

Belle got suspended 10 games, and he was in the same category as Sosa, although he was known as a troublemaker.

Sosa should get double-digit games, at the very least. 

I guess it's fine....he'll be even worse when he comes back(unless he loads up on the juice) and one of these times, he'll do his little hop and he'll hit a shallow fly ball to right field that is caught by the 2Bman.

Belle's got reduced to 7 games though on appeal...

Guest hotsoxchick1

good article......its obvious jon is not from chicago...or else he wouldnt be bashing on the local God that way lol. lol lol .lol...... :lol: thanks for that .. at least its nice to know that outsiders feel alot like us.. that shamme is hiding something else ........

I was kinda hoping this appeal process would be long enough to keep him from playing us at Wrigley.

f*** THAT! I want him out on the field and my reasons are two-fold..... 1.) he will be booed and jeered at both Wrigley AND USCF, and 2.) the way he swings a real baseball bat, he hasn't been much of a threat..... just adding to his impressive K numbers.

the thing i dont like is wondering if all those records were with a juiced bat or not..... and how would they prove it or not.... its a shame that no one will ever know .......the only satisfaction i can have out of this totaly is knowing that as long as there are sox fans alive shammey aka corky will never live this down......... :D

I'd guess about maybe 1/4 of his homers were with corked bats. But probably more than 80% of his homers were when he was on steroids.

Cork once in a while for some extra bat speed, and steroids 24/7 for power, its as simple as that.

Colon gets 5 games for hitting somebody, which happens during the course of a game every single day, and is not neccesarily against the rules. Sosa gets only two games more for cheating! Breaking the rules!

My problem with this isn't the Colon/Sosa punishment comparison, but the Sox/MLB relationship. It's not like he's got a beanball history going on here. This year he's hit only 4 motherf***ers. Mark Prior has hit 6, and Kerry Wood's hit 10!! This shows not just Chicago media bias towards the Sox, but MLB bias in general, which seems patently unfair IMO.

:bang

Hurray for this columnist. However, he appears to be in the minority. Sammy Sosa is getting away with it and baseball is complicit in this coverup. Sammy's one of the biggest drawing cards and MLB is doing its best to see that this goes away. My feeling is he goes back on the roids big time. He's losing it and it scares him.