Keepin' that Motown Mojo = Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Tiger fan, I can tell you how happy I am about that last inning....Having said that, and this pains me to say, if the Tigers don't make additions (Abreu, Soriano, etc) we won't beat you guys in the playoffs.....you have a better team right now and I don't think we can beat you in a 5 or 7 game series.......your lineup is crazy good and if you get half decent pitching, you're hard to beat.....besides the fact that the Tigers are a very impatient batting team and you can take advantage of that......I know you're frustrated right now (like us Tiger fans were last night) but the big picture is that you guys will be fine come playoffs.....

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
Javy loves this s***. He is f***ing terrible. UGH!

wtf is the point of even having javy?can someone please tell me??? of course he has that one inning again. not even mccarthy would do this bad. come playoff time, javy wont be starting also. so wtf is the point of having javy and his 12 milllion(or whatever it is)contract??? jeez, ship him to the mets. i dont care if we just get sanchez.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still wondering what everyone saw in this guy. He's been no better than medicore since his days in Montreal.

They call it "peripherals." Low WHIP, high K/9, High K/BB, but it doesn't do you anygood if you give up those 5 hits in one inning. He also throws a lot of innings too.

This is reminding me of one of Jon Garland's 2004 or 2003 halves where he looked good for awhile, and then imploded in one inning.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've really been looking forward to losing this game all day. I hope Javy gives up some more runs.

Some Sox fan you are. :huh:

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)
Fathom, how come you say that this Tigers team is like the White Sox team from last year, yet you believe so much in this Detroit team and you didn't in the Sox last year?

I don't think this Tigers team will win it all. They have some excellent arms in their rotation, and their hitting, in my opinion, is better than ours last season. Both teams, this years Tigers, and last year's Sox, had "it". It's funny I get labeled as saying I didn't believe in the Sox last year, as myself and the owner of this site were the two main people that said all this team has to do is make the playoffs, and they're in great shape as the pressure will be off. The main thing I argued all last year about the Sox was that it was no guarantee they'd make the playoffs around this time (when they were up like 12 games).

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
wtf is the point of even having javy?can someone please tell me??? of course he has that one inning again. not even mccarthy would do this bad. come playoff time, javy wont be starting also. so wtf is the point of having javy and his 12 milllion(or whatever it is)contract??? jeez, ship him to the mets. i dont care if we just get sanchez.

I say this respectively, but Ozzie/KW got greedy when they added him. They got addicted to the thought of "the greatest rotation ever". I highly doubt they would have made the trade if they knew Garland/Contereras would re-sign.

QUOTE(ViperPilot @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
Realize, guys you are facing our best pitcher right now....except for his last start vs KC, he's been lights out for about 2 months.....he'll start game 1 in the playoffs should we get there......

you realize you're in our game thread and we all want to shoot Javier Vazquez right now? hell, you're closer, maybe you can do us a favor?