Sonic Commercials

StrangeSox

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 12:04 PM)
Those are usually tailored to the market though, aren't they?

I don't know. I think there are a certain number of national spots for each program, and a certain amount of local spots. Maybe, it's cheaper to buy a couple national spots than a bunch of local spots in certain areas? I don't know. That's just my thought.

mmmm....Sonic burgers. Back when i was first married the wife and i were living in Carbondale and loved Sonic. I think we ate there so much during her pregnancy that she was going to give birth to one. We get sad and think about Sonic every time we see the ad play.

:crying

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 11:51 AM)
I wish they had a sonic nearby. I make sure to find one when I visit somewhere for work that has sonics in the area.

I have actually has dicussions about opening up a sonic in chicago. Stay tuned.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
Reminds me of the Circuit City commercials I see all of the time. There are none in all of Iowa (although one is supposedly going to be built within a year or so).

Do they even have electricity in Iowa?!?

:lol:

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
Are there ruby tuesdays in Chicago? Those commercials come out a lot.

I haven't seen a hardees either but I'm guessing they might be somewhere in the suburbs?

I've never had a whataburger either...

There's some around Chicago. I believe Joliet Mall has a Ruby Tuesdays.

Hardee's are around too here and there, but they're more prevelant when you get to Kankakee and farther south.

I had whataburger once in Texas, but that was like 8 years ago.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
There's some around Chicago. I believe Joliet Mall has a Ruby Tuesdays.

Hardee's are around too here and there, but they're more prevelant when you get to Kankakee and farther south.

I had whataburger once in Texas, but that was like 8 years ago.

There's a Ruby Tuesdays in Melrose Park near Kiddieland

I know their used to be a ton of Hardees in Chicago and NW Indiana... then one day they just vanished... I didn't even know they still existed till I went to college in Rock Island, IL... I've only seen one Sonic when I was in Ohio and it was fantastic... As for Ruby Tuesdays I know they have one in Shaumburg because i've eaten there....

By the way as far as I know the closest Hardees now to Chicago is Portage, IN...

There is a Ruby Tuesdays at Butterfield and Finley in Downers Grove.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
I have actually has dicussions about opening up a sonic in chicago. Stay tuned.

If you do, let us know. I have been dying for a Double Sonic Burger with Cheese.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
Isnt there a Ruby Tuesdays by Woodfield Mall... I know there is one by a mall in the suburbs.

Woodfield Mall... Isn't that where IKEA is? Or am I thinking of another place? I'm don't live in Chicago, but visit relatives in Elgin and Algonquin (sp?) at least once a year, sometimes more. Anyway, if that's the correct place, then that's a really nice shopping area.

As for Sonic, we have a lot of them down South. Pretty much wherever you go, you can find a Sonic. I really like their grilled cheeses, actually. I never get a burger there b/c you can get burgers at any fast food joint, but not a grilled cheese sandwhich. Also, I love that they have Mozzarella Sticks. What other fast food place can you get those? I don't think anywhere. And, to top it off with a nice dessert, they have great Blasts (basically a Blizzard or McFlurry, but bigger and better), Milkshakes, and Slushes.

Edited by dasox24

I miss having a Cherry Lime-aid (with extra cherries) from Sonic. Nothing could beat that on a hot day for me. When i worked delivery, i used to drink that stuff by the gallons. Thier burgers are good, but the lettuce they use is just too wet, it sogs the bun. Yuck

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
I believe Downers Grove has one too.

I don't know about DG, but there is one in Lombard near Yorktown Mall. There is not one by the Louis-Joliet mall.