Tiger Stadium

Chi Town Sox

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has been on the tour of Tiger Stadium. If so, how much were tix and at what times do they offer tours?

You mean Comerica Park, right?

If so you can look on the Tigers official site, I'm not certain they give tours although most ballparks do.

As for Tiger Stadium, driving by it is the most you can do. You may want to take a picture or two, it's going to be torn down relatively soon.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
You mean Comerica Park, right?

If so you can look on the Tigers official site, I'm not certain they give tours although most ballparks do.

As for Tiger Stadium, driving by it is the most you can do. You may want to take a picture or two, it's going to be torn down relatively soon.

Just look on the site. I have never heard of them doing some, it would be cool if they did though. It's a really nice park.

As for Tiger Stadium, I wouldn't even drive by it..that's in the worst part of Detroit.

As for Tiger Stadium, I wouldn't even drive by it..that's in the worst part of Detroit.

No it isn't. Corktown is nowhere near as bad as some of the areas further west, out on Grand River Blvd. and in the area where the Olympia used to be.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've been lost in that area at night before and had no problems. But currently there are no tours that I know of.

They want to tear it down. I hope they leave a memorial around home plate or something. That place was very special. I still remember my dad taking me to games there.

From my experiences it is..

Well I'm sorry to hear that. But I have been in Corktown probably 50-60 times in my life and never had one iota of a problem ... game days, non game days, afternoon, evening, night. Have been over there several times since Sept. '99 too.

Anyways it's well past time to tear Tiger Stadium down and get something more economically viable there.