Ozzie needs to adjust his management of pitchers

VAfan

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
I don't know how you could exclude Mark from our sp woes.

Not that it'll go on forever, but right now he's been the worst.

He's definately part of the problem but I'm more or less talking about what needs to be fixed. IMO if there's a pitcher on this team whom you should have faith in through his struggles it's Buehrle. I never say this ever but it's ok with him I think, everything is going to be alright with Mark. Ick, I feel dirty.

If we're going to fix the spiff starting pitching Vazquez and/or Garcia need to be replaced, that's basically what i'm getting at.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
Mackowiak just pulled up at the end.

I saw him do the same thing in the Boston series that lead to a big inning.

Rongey thinks Vazquez pitched well. LOL

i hate rongey, and i dont think vazquez pitched well, but im not about to say he pitched poorly either....dont get me wrong he needs to get his ass in gear and put hitters away, but i will feel better about javy going into his next start than i did going into his start today

Gooch has a .300 BA against Bonderman. So he sits.

I hope the god, that Ozzie resists the need to put Widger in tomorrows game. I know he will use him, day game after a night game. But for the love of trying to win a series and pick up a game against the team thats ahead of you, let AJ catch. Widger hasnt gotten a hit in over a month. He cannot hit lefties at all. He cannot call a game to save his life.

We need to play the A team all the time when we face good teams. This resting our regulars is dumb.

Rest guys like Pods then if you want to get mack in the lineup so bad.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
If we're going to fix the spiff starting pitching Vazquez and/or Garcia need to be replaced, that's basically what i'm getting at.

i really think it should be freddy, i can see vazquez getting better from here, but unless freddy hits 93-95 consistently, hes not gonna get any better

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
Widger's playing tomorrow, according to Mike North.

pablo probably too....not thats its a bad thing, i have gotten so sick of watching podsednik contribute next to nothing to this team

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
i hate rongey, and i dont think vazquez pitched well, but im not about to say he pitched poorly either....dont get me wrong he needs to get his ass in gear and put hitters away, but i will feel better about javy going into his next start than i did going into his start today

I would feel better having bmac pitch against the twins. Here we go.

Twins series.

Vazquez will face off against Radke. Good f***ing lord.

Contreras faces off againt Santana

And Buerhle faces off against Silva

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
Widger's playing tomorrow, according to Mike North.

I know its hot, but has Ozzie realized that we left Tuscon.

Its July. Why are we playing a guy who cant hit, cant call a game, and is just a physical body out there.

The A team would be nice for a few games in a row.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
He's definately part of the problem but I'm more or less talking about what needs to be fixed. IMO if there's a pitcher on this team whom you should have faith in through his struggles it's Buehrle. I never say this ever but it's ok with him I think, everything is going to be alright with Mark. Ick, I feel dirty.

Agreed, just saying he's part of the immediate problem. Well, agreed so long as nothing's truly wrong. I'm really hoping it's just tipping pitches.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
i really think it should be freddy, i can see vazquez getting better from here, but unless freddy hits 93-95 consistently, hes not gonna get any better

I totally agree, I guess I was just trying to be diplomatic by including Javy as an equal problem to Freddy when he really isn't IMO.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
The thing is, Pods is even more worthless against the Tigers because he's not going to be stealing against IRod.

yeah seriously, i cant remember the last time podesdnik has been on base, and ive been like wow...look at how much of a headache he is to the opposing pitcher, probably before he hurt his groin pre allstar game last year

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
yeah seriously, i cant remember the last time podesdnik has been on base, and ive been like wow...look at how much of a headache he is to the opposing pitcher, probably before he hurt his groin pre allstar game last year

He has been painful to watch (for the most part) the entire season. As much as I liked him last year, I am starting to see him as a liability more than anything else. It almost seems like the days of him being a "firestarter" are long gone.

There are a lot of things wrong right now that need to be rectified, soon.

What pitch was Vazquez hanging all night? God dammit. I'm sick of this spiff (spiff), we're paying this assclown 12 million a year (or around there, yanks and dbacks paying for some of his salary?)

This guy is absolutly worthless. I know McCarthy will go out there and give us a MUCH better effort than this spiff. I hope Kenny knows this too.

We better f***ing win tomorrow.

Edited by CWSOX45

PS Don't look now, but Minnesota won again. They're 5 games back. We better take care of business tomorrow, then get our heads out of our asses for the Rangers before facing the Twinkies.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
So awesome.

lmao. i didnt even realize. damn its been a long day....

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
What pitch was Vazquez hanging all night? God dammit. I'm sick of this spiff, we're paying this assclown 12 million a year (or around there, yanks and dbacks paying for some of his salary?)

This guy is absolutly worthless. I know McCarthy will go out there and give us a MUCH better effort than this spiff. I hope Kenny knows this too.

We better f***ing win tomorrow.

Bmac could pitch 20 scorelss innings striking out 30 guys and he wont crack the rotation. We had this last year. El Duque was getting destroyed, and Bmac was following it up with 7 or 8 Ks behind him. Bmac 2 hit Boston and shut down Texas in Texas and was removed from the rotation to put El Duque back there.

For whatever reason Bmac = Gload to Ozzie.

One more thing that everyone should realize.

If Gardenhire smells blood in the water with the Whitesox, he will alter the rotation so we get hit with Santana which we can barely function against, and Liriano.

This gets ugly quick.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
Bmac could pitch 20 scorelss innings striking out 30 guys and he wont crack the rotation. We had this last year. El Duque was getting destroyed, and Bmac was following it up with 7 or 8 Ks behind him. Bmac 2 hit Boston and shut down Texas in Texas and was removed from the rotation to put El Duque back there.

For whatever reason Bmac = Gload to Ozzie.

Its a waste of talent having him mop up innings. Kenny has got to force Ozzie to use McCarthy, I really hope he deals someone to make room for McCarthy, because

McCarthy (starter) is >>>>>>>>>>> McCarthy (reliever) anyone that can't understand that now is totally lost....

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
Its a waste of talent having him mop up innings. Kenny has got to force Ozzie to use McCarthy, I really hope he deals someone to make room for McCarthy, because

McCarthy (starter) is >>>>>>>>>>> McCarthy (reliever) anyone that can't understand that now is totally lost....

Bmac last year for the strech run. 1.59 ERA.

this loss is on Ozzie.

he should have gotten Javy out of there when the bases were loaded.

he also screwed us when he took BMac out of a game last week to face a lefty. Bmac use to be a starter! he is able to throw to lefties.

Didn't see the game cuz of work, but I like the point as of late that Javy should ditch his curve and stick with fastball, change, slider. Seems he got hurt with the curve tonight from what I read and in the past. Just hangs it too much.

Hawk said it lkast week and Detroit announcers made a mention tonight.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 10:50 PM)
Didn't see the game cuz of work, but I like the point as of late that Javy should ditch his curve and stick with fastball, change, slider. Seems he got hurt with the curve tonight from what I read and in the past. Just hangs it too much.

Hawk said it lkast week and Detroit announcers made a mention tonight.

i think javy threw maybe 7 curve balls .....2 hung and were ripped by pudge for a single and a double i think (maybe two singles, cant remember, either way both balls were pounded) 1 was hung and pounded by monroe for the slam...1 inge caught off the end of the bat and popped up...a few others were in the dirt or hit for outs

How about start stretching out McCarthy with a couple starts and moving Vasquez to the bullpen. That way you'll get at least 4 and 3 innings from both and after a couple starts McCarthy can start going 6-8 innings.

This one or two inning outburst from Vasquez is getting old. 1-6 starters in the lineup with a hit would have helped too.

QUOTE(Steg @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)
How about start stretching out McCarthy with a couple starts and moving Vasquez to the bullpen. That way you'll get at least 4 and 3 innings from both and after a couple starts McCarthy can start going 6-8 innings.

This one or two inning outburst from Vasquez is getting old. 1-6 starters in the lineup with a hit would have helped too.

Then you still have the horrid pitching of Garcia in the rotation and Vazquez will give you diddly poo out of the pen. Javy's major problem is his mental makeup, this will only be exacerbated out of the pen. Meaning he'd be completely useless.

Other than that though, welcome.

It seems like Vazquez cant get out of the big inning. Ozzie did not lose this game. Vazquez lose this game. He is getting paid millions and at least we should expect him to not lose focus, not hang pitches and get out of the jam. We wasted Chris Young for this guy.

If we are trading somebody, I vote for Vazquez. Get McCarthy in the rotation. He will be a better 5th starter than Vazquez and a lot cheaper.

Vent my frustations out, feels good.

Edited by bulokis