Sox v. Tigers, Gamethread: Contreras v. Rogers, 12:05

Williams suggesting he's "absolutely not pleased" with this team's defense and starting pitching is good to hear.

It's been bordering on embarrassing. Pitching is unable to overcome ANYTHING out of the ordinary. "Best offense in baseball" can't hit good starting pitchers recently. On the mound, if there's a play our starters believe should have been made and isn't, it's as if their focus is immediately lost.

Oh, but tell me not to be concerned. Say something about the schedule, or how there's "plenty of baseball left."

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
Our record with all the starters is insane, is it not?

Why doesn't Ozzie have all the regulars for like 3 straight games, and then throw a garbage lineup together? Why does he insist on throwing away meaningful games?

He likes to make it challenging. We can win with with our starting lineup. But its much harder when we start 2 or more scrubs.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
remember last year we had that feeling like we never gave up...this year its how will we lose this one.

Speak for yourself. That is the feeling of cub fans. We ain't the f***in cubs. It was hilarious to see them at the game AJ went yard. It's like all the cub fans were just waiting for it to happen. They knew they were gonna blow it, they were just waiting for it. That ain't me man....If we lose we lose, but I don't expect it or wait for it to happen.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
Williams suggesting he's "absolutely not pleased" with this team's defense and starting pitching is good to hear.

It's been bordering on embarrassing. Pitching is unable to overcome ANYTHING out of the ordinary. "Best offense in baseball" can't hit good starting pitchers recently. On the mound, if there's a play our starters believe should have been made and isn't, it's as if their focus is immediately lost.

Oh, but tell me not to be concerned. Say something about the schedule, or how there's "plenty of baseball left."

Flash, where did Kenny say this?

beyond frustrated, ozzie puts out the B and the C team for the last two games of the series and here we are about to go down 5.5 games back, and now Minnesota is closer to us than we are the tigers.

i need liquor, and lots of it.