AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX LOSER

Buehrle>Wood

GIMME A HELL YEAH FOR:

THE ANEMIC OFFENSE!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! :cheers

BENCH PLAYERS PLAYING EVERDAY!!!! EXCITING!!!!!!

GETTING OUR spiff STOMPED BY OUR DIVISION RIVAL!!!!!!

CREDE TAKING PLAYS OFF ON DEFENSE!!! BRILLIANT!!! :drink

OZZIE'S MANAGING ON THE WHOLE!!!!

5 AND A HALF BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

EDIT: And since when in the blue hell did Soxtalk get a swear filter? Lame.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOT! Glad the starters are all rested for our MONUMENTAL series against Texas. This really is the pivotal 3 games this season. I'm glad we were looking past Detriot to get to this series.

Not that the starters will play all three games anyway. Seriously, have they played an entire series yet?

Edited by StrangeSox

Note to KW/Ozzie: this is not the 2005 White Sox. Please make some moves to make them stronger on offense/defense/pitching. It doesn't have to be anything huge. Get Widger and Gload off this team, and add a solid back-up catcher and a 4th outfielder who's righty and can play a few OF positions like a major leaguer, and not a little leaguer.

While I'm satisfied our ballclub wasn't swept, leaving Detroit 5.5 games out -- especially after the dominance of Game 1 -- is very disappointing.

I can't fault Contreras for this afternoon. He pitched well. But aside from him, and more recently Garland, I'm concerned about this team. We can't simply rely on our offense to push us past Detroit and Minnesota's pitching.

Williams has to realize this White Sox team as currently constructed needs an upgrade.

A Red Sox win today and they tie us.

2-7 in our last 9 games.

Scott Podsednik 0/10 this series

Tadahito Iguchi 1/9 this series

Jim Thome 1/12 this series

Paul Konerko 2/10 this series, 2 home runs, 2 walks.

Jermaine Dye 6/9 this series.

AJ Pierzynski 0/9 this series

Joe Crede 4/10 this series, 2 home runs.

Juan Uribe 2/7 this series, 1 home run

Brian Anderson 4/8 this series

Alex Cintron 0/5 this series

Rob Mackowiak 1/3 this series

Chris Widger 0/3 this series.

Pablo Ozuna 0/3 this series.

That's a .221 batting average for our team over these 3 games.

Edited by Balta1701

I don't mean to be naive but I'll say it again: yes, we stink right now, but if we're going to slump, I'd rather have it now and then go on a tear through August/September.

Yeah, it's a setback, but we'll see how much this team really wants it from this point on. They had a chance to make a statement and that statement apparently was: the Tigers are way better than us.

But really, people, the hitting slump? Vasquez's meltdown last night? Stranding all these guys today?

This screams to me "ROUGH PATCH." In other words: TEMPORARY.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)
This is starting to become pathetic.... If we dont win 2 out of 3 at the very least vs the Rangers im going to have to stop watching for a month or something b4 I get 2 angry.

its not just that we're losing, it's that we're pretty much beating ourselves. This team can't play small ball anymore, god dammit.

If I'm Kenny, I'm calling Tampa everyday and offering a boatlad of prospects for Carl Crawford, and then getting help for this pen. This cannot continue to happen.