I'll see you guys in September

RibbieRubarb

I have come to the conclusion on the direction that Soxtalk will be heading...down.

I do not mean the site in itself. The admins are awesome and the site is great and a pleasure to navigate. But the attitude of the posters here. My gosh. This is an incredibly negative place that I have no interest of reading.

Choke avatars

"The Season is over"

Everyone from struggling players to great players like Crede and Thome and even Guillen getting the full brunt of insults and pathetic, illogical conclusions to their abilities.

Enough is enough. My God we won the World Series last year and so many people are still ready to jump ship and declare the season done.

Good.

Go.

Join another fanclub or site and leave. Is there some kind of emotional high you receive from predicting doom? I feel that so many here WANT the White Sox to lose just so they can be proven correct.

If that's what you want, wow. Great fan you are.

Now, am I saying we should be blindly optimistic and not realize what our team is doing right now? HELL NO.

Our pitching has not been as good as last year, we have been horrible at bunting and doing some small things. But we are FAR from done in the division. Why???

Bacause we have good players...if you didn't notice we won the F'in World Series last year.

Good players have a history of pulling themselves out of slumps.

See last September when so many of the same people declared Cleveland the champs! But there you were crow in hand cheering on the champs when the season was done. These same players turned it around.

Plus its friggin JULY!!

Now if this was September...yes, I'd be more worried because time and history would not be on our side.

But for now I will enjoy MY TEAM a team I have rooted and cried for since I was a boy.

I team I screamed for last October.

A team that made our dreams come true.

But since so many wish to create nightmares...I am choosing not to read them anymore.

There is no more insight; no more logical discussions that set Soxtalk above the rest.

Its all negative, extreme reactionary posts from now on, I guess.

Thank you for the good time and I will be back come fall when we are in happier moods...hopefully.

Toodles,

Ribbie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
I have come to the conclusion on the direction that Soxtalk will be heading...down.

I do not mean the site in itself. The admins are awesome and the site is great and a pleasure to navigate. But the attitude of the posters here. My gosh. This is an incredibly negative place that I have no interest of reading.

Choke avatars

"The Season is over"

Everyone from struggling players to great players like Crede and Thome and even Guillen getting the full brunt of insults and pathetic, illogical conclusions to their abilities.

Enough is enough. My God we won the World Series last year and so many people are still ready to jump ship and declare the season done.

Good.

Go.

Join another fanclub or site and leave. Is there some kind of emotional high you receive from predicting doom? I feel that so many here WANT the White Sox to lose just so they can be proven correct.

Now, am I saying we should be blindly optimistic and not realize what our team is doing right now? HELL NO.

Our pitching has not been as good as last year, we have been horrible at bunting and doing some small things. But we are FAR from done in the division. Why???

Bacause we have good players...if you didn't notice we won the F'in World Series last year.

See last September when so many of the same people declared Cleveland the champs! But there you were crow in hand cheering on the champs when the season was done. These same players turned it around.

Plus its friggin JULY!!

Now if this was September...yes, I'd be more worried because time and history would not be on our side.

But for now I will enjoy MY TEAM a team I have rooted and cried for since I was a boy.

But since so many wish to create nightmares...I am choosing not to read them anymore.

There is no more insight; no more logical discussions that set Soxtalk above the rest.

Thank you for the good time and I will be back come fall when we are in happier moods...hopefully.

Toodles,

Ribbie

Wow...I made a eerily similar post last year. Right on Ribbie, but no need to leave.

Choke avatars

"The Season is over"

Good.

Go.

Plus its friggin JULY!!

Toodles,

Ribbie

Excellent post!

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
I feel that so many here WANT the White Sox to lose just so they can be proven correct.

As one of the posters most notorious for pessimism on this site, I think this comment is 100 pct false.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
As one of the posters most notorious for pessimism on this site, I think this comment is 100 pct false.

Theres nothing wrong with being negative. Its what has defined SOX fans for generations. To say SOX fans who dont blindly believe in our chances ARE LESS OF A SOX FAN is Unrealistic, Irresponsible, and Ridiculous. There are some who will call you a hypocrite/heathen/unbeliever or even worse a "cub" fan, but SOX fans are realistic. Its whats KEPT ME A SOX FAN as long as Ive been one. Its what makes us DIFFERENT from the imbeciles 8miles north. Its what makes us stronger as a fan base. Its what makes a Championship taste so much better once we do/did win one.

We are a good team, but the problem is there are a couple of teams better than us. Theres nothing wrong with admitting that.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
I disagree. Why make a huge post about you leaving?

Because he's craving your attention?

Anyway, I just don't see how one gets off making comments like "here is no more insight; no more logical discussions that set Soxtalk above the rest.", then go on to play the "Because it happened last year" argument.

I made a promise to myself before the season started that I would stay strong and believe in this team no matter what kinda slump/slumps we had during the year. I, like many last year, doubted the hell out of this team. I was an absolute mess during the September slide. When we lost that game to the Twins, and saw our lead fall to 1 1/2 games, I was down for the count. I thought it was over. I thought we were gonna go down as the biggest chokers in modern sports history. Except that never happened. The team fought there way out of what could have been an epic disaster of a season and went on to have one of the most fabulous playoffs runs in sports history.

Am I saying we should expect that again? Of course not. But I do believe that Kenny, Ozzie, and the rest of these guys deserve every benefit of the doubt until, quite frankly, they're eliminated. And if turns out that this team isn't good enough -- so be it. Atleast we can say we saw our guys take it home once. We're all very lucky and fortunate. What do you think Cubs fans would do just to see their team bring it home one f***in' time?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
The Sox lose, people get pissed off, and then they blame the pessimists. It's not our fault the Sox are playing the way they are.

We blame YOU. :P

Wow.

Have fun, people.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
Atleast we can say we saw our guys take it home once. We're all very lucky and fortunate. What do you think Cubs fans would do just to see their team bring it home one f***in' time?

hahahahaha, you made me laugh just now (and I needed to do so)

What is really funny, is those people will NEVER see their team "bring it home". Ever. But they keep "believing", he heh

Does it REALLY upset you this much? I believe there are only TWO posters, from my observations, whom believe Detroit has sealed the division. And the choking avatars? One or two. Crede and Thome haven't been criticized for anything other than their lack of contributions in recent games. Guillen's decisions have warranted discussion.

Seriously, now. I've always considered you a funny poster, but am I supposed to congratulate you for whining about the discussions featured this site, which -- in your opinion -- are trending downwards?

Is it difficult to understand how negative threads are natural, and expected, of a team with high expectations set upon them?

There's a good website you can browse which would serve you intentions well. You'll never see anything negative. It's called whitesoxinteractive.com, and you'd fit in quite well.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
Is he not blaming the pessimistic attitude for his departure?

Hardly since he's admitting he thinks that way at times also. I do believe it's the constant ranting of "suckage" from a specific group of posters he's had enough of and is taking a break.

Stick around Ribbie...sure a few people are over-reacting, even if it is the vast majority. We are a good team and if they don't accomplish things this year it will be a dissapointment but hey we won last year and if things don't work out this year (and the odds of us winning it all, while they are good, they are obviously far from a lock) I'm confident in our staff to make thing even better for next year.

I don't get it. We get a great pitching performance and aside from one inning in this series it was 3 strong pitching performances. We may have lost the series but I'm a lot less concerned today than I was entering the series, I'll tell you that much.

The Tigers are a good team and the Twins/Yanks are good teams that are close to us in the Wild Card, but the Sox still have all the talent in the world and i'm not going to let a little losing streak discourage me.

If people want to be ridiculous and put up choke avatars and the such fine, but I don't see how the hell this team is choking. They play hard and they never quit, if they fail they fail, but it won't be because our team didn't try.

I don't know of anyone who's given up on this team. There were just as many people jumping off the bandwagon after the first week of this season. We're all Sox fans here (for the most part)....if you don't like the way that certain people post, then get over it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
Stick around Ribbie...sure a few people are over-reacting, even if it is the vast majority. We are a good team and if they don't accomplish things this year it will be a dissapointment but hey we won last year and if things don't work out this year (and the odds of us winning it all, while they are good, they are obviously far from a lock) I'm confident in our staff to make thing even better for next year.

The one bright spot this year, no matter if we win or lose the rest of our games this year, has been the attendance. The attendance should guarantee a competing roster again next season.