6-11 Game Thread

brittburns

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buehrle freaking blows. And save me the "no run support" argument. His ERA is nearing 5 and opponents are hitting about .295 off him. He would need a LOT of run support (something along the lines of the '27 Yankees) to even be a .500 pitcher right now.

Why do we struggle against pitchers we've never seen before? Do we even have an advance scout? :angry:

Buehrle freaking blows.  And save me the "no run support" argument.  His ERA is nearing 5 and opponents are hitting about .295 off him.  He would need a LOT of run support (something along the lines of the '27 Yankees) to even be  a .500 pitcher right now.

Why do we struggle against pitchers we've never seen before?  Do we even have an advance scout? :angry:

Some video too??

Buehrle freaking blows.  And save me the "no run support" argument.  His ERA is nearing 5 and opponents are hitting about .295 off him.  He would need a LOT of run support (something along the lines of the '27 Yankees) to even be  a .500 pitcher right now.

Why do we struggle against pitchers we've never seen before?  Do we even have an advance scout? :angry:

Give me a break.

Before this past start(where he has gotten shelled), he had an ERA of 2.45 in the previous 3 games. With an ERA of 2.45 over a stretch of 3 games, the Tigers could even get a guy a win or two. MB got no wins. Why? No run support.

Also....I can understand why we'd struggle against Foppert. He's one of San Francisco's best pitching prospects, along with Jerome Williams, Kurt Ainsworth, and I believe Boof Bonser(or something like that). In short, he's a f***ing stud.

Edited by witesoxfan

Watching ESPN while the yankees get no hit. Saw the score scroll on the bottom of the screen. 4-0 and a GSHR in the 1st. MB forgat how to pitch. Then later 8-0 and now 10-0. I came down to vent and see what the heck in happening. I see we have one hit. Can't laugh at the Yankees tonight. Cards are getting lambasted by the Red Sox. White is on now so we'l see if he has improved any.

I guess anybody can suck on any given night. But, I am tired of the ups and downs of Buerhle. It's one ting to get beat by hitters, but you don't help them along with walk after walk.

Buehrle is not crap, but he is having a crappy season (with the exception of april, and a few starts since).

I thought he was coming around again, but apparantley not. I say we sign him to a cheap contract after the season, possibly load it with incentives so Buehrle won't pass on the offer.

Let this game stand as a testemant to how a good team can scout out players and use a draft wisely. With worse picks than we have had, the giants have found away to build the best core of young pitchers(excluding the team across the bay), and they have done it while staying in contention. Sabean is a good GM, lucky SF fans.

I know Buehrle isn't a bum. Hell, he was our only pitcher in '01 and '02---and I've enjoyed watching him pitch. I'm just a frustrated Sox fan venting a little (Surprise!)

He seems to have lost his command and location, and when you throw salad---you're going to get beat.

I hope we get shut out today......that will help us get at least 4 runs tomorrow (by law of averages), which means we have a shot at winning tomorrow with Bart going on the mound

This O is just tooooo bad....but the O would not matter today given we have given up 11 already.....I rather score in a game where we have a chance....I know I sound pathetic but if all we will get is 4 runs in two games, I rather get 0 in one so that I can win the other