Are 5.5 games surmountable?

stretchstretch

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:44 AM)
not everyone .............

I didn't say everyone either :bang Those of us who feel that those 10 games could be important probably didn't want to be referred to as "fluffy clouds", unless you would prefer some cutesy derrogatory nickname in clear violation of the rules here...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we win all 10 games, we have a 5 game lead. If we Win 5, but then give back 5, were at ZERO again (and they still have a 5 game lead on us). Were not counting on the games were going to lose to Oakland and Minnesota end of the year. I said it before, the TWINKS are going to determine who wins this division. Were going to have to play the Twinks BETTER than the Tigers do. Who else is going to beat the Tigers? The Twins and Yankees

Big time assumptions here, and baseball doesn't work on assumptions.

Again, if the Sox go 6-4 vs. Detroit, the Sox have to pick up 3.5 games. Each individual team will determine who wins the division ... whether that's the White Sox, Tigers, or even the Twins. Whoever plays the best and wins the most head-to-head games and beats other teams.

You can't assume losses to Minnesota or Oakland, just as the Tigers can't assume wins.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:10 AM)
You can't assume losses to Minnesota or Oakland, just as the Tigers can't assume wins.

One things for sure ............... is the SOX playoff hopes arent in their hands anymore.

Now were stuck hoping other teams can help us out.

Unfortunately 7 of the last 9 games for the Tigers are against KC. 5.5 games isn't a lot to make up, but it isn't going to be easy. They are going to have to beat Detroit in the head to heads by at least a 6-4 margin IMO to win the division. At least the Sox still, if the season ended today, would be in the playoffs. I used to hate when they were 10 games out, people saying that they had 13 left against Minnesota, so they still had a chance. That was pretty much BS. The well paid and highly decorated starting rotation needs to pick it up. Contreras and Garland have pitched very well, but the other 3 need to start earning their paychecks starting tonight.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:17 AM)
One things for sure ............... is the SOX playoff hopes arent in their hands anymore.

Now were stuck hoping other teams can help us out.

That's not true. If we go on a tear and beat up on Detroit and Minnesota we control our destiny.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:19 AM)
That's not true. If we go on a tear and beat up on Detroit and Minnesota we control our destiny.

Wrong... and here are 1,342 reasons why...

:lolhitting

Hey, are you going to the game tomorrow?

5.5 games are not insurmountable. Remember the scary twin duo of Santana and Liriano also get to matchup against the tigers a few times in the second half. We are not the only team that has problems with those two.

If our starting pitching pitches like they are capable of, then we are fine.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

What the fish happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer -

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:03 AM)
No, we're screwed. Time to trade Buehrle, Vazquez, and Jenks to the Giants for prospects.

Given what prospects the Giants gave up last time they dealt with an AL Central team...that might not be a bad idea.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:55 AM)
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

What the fish happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer -

They need to watch those for motivation.

Edited by RME JICO