White Sox Vs. Rangers

MHizzle85

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
I think Mark could use some. Just hope it still is allowed.

detectivescrotessox.jpg

The new rules about swearing and children remind me of the 1960 Presidential Race. Harry Truman called Richard Nixon a "god damned liar" and a "shady son of a b----" and Richard Nixon wound up complaining to John Kennedy. Kennedy gave a speech and said that Nixon had asked him to tone down his swearing because it might affect little kids, and then Kennedy joked, "I'll be careful with my words as children might be watching!"

I love Harry Truman.

Dan Bernstein is reporting that several players are out today with extended bunting practice.

My suggestion, have them do this more. Not just after they fish up.

Edit: Note to mods and admins Can we at least change the swear replacement filter to use the word fock instead of fish. I know its so sox-r-us and all. But at least fock sounds better in a sentence than Fish.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
Dan Bernstein is reporting that several players are out today with extended bunting practice.

My suggestion, have them do this more. Not just after they fish up.

Nice try :D

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)

Perhaps Ozzie should get to the park early and practice filling out a lineup card.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
According to Chris Rongey (he needs a damn nickname, Ranger sucks) 11 White Sox players were out there today taking bunting practice. bout.fishing.time

Rongey is should be dubbed the fuzzy pink bunny. Because he is so sweet on the sox and nothing is ever wrong. They could get rocked 99 to nothing, and every starter could be hurt and he would find a sweet point about something that has nothing to do with the game or the outcome.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
Rongey is should be dubbed the fuzzy pink bunny. Because he is so sweet on the sox and nothing is ever wrong. They could get rocked 99 to nothing, and every starter could be hurt and he would find a sweet point about something that has nothing to do with the game or the outcome.

It was pretty damn funny hearing Bernstein and a-bat-a-cola ripping on Rongey for being Mr. Sunshine, atleast it's not just the listeners that are sick of his endless optimism and sugar coated pre/post game shows.

Ok, from now on Rongey is the fuzzy pink bunny, it suits him.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
It was pretty damn funny hearing Bernstein and a-bat-a-cola ripping on Rongey for being Mr. Sunshine, atleast it's not just the listeners that are sick of his endless optimism and sugar coated pre/post game shows.

Ok, from now on Rongey is the fuzzy pink bunny, it suits him.

pinkbunnyrongey.jpg

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
Anyone else really want to see Thome try to lay one down to the 3rd base side when he's up with no one on against a left-handed pitcher?

I would, but he'd probably take a pitch off his hand, break his finger and go on the DL.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 05:12 PM)
Spectacular

I GOT MAD MS PAINT SKILLZ.

Well heres to a whitesox winner. My brother just called with tickets for the game. Hopefully I am on later for a nice EAT spiff Rangers thread from Nuke.

I'd like to make a suggestion to our manager....please shut the hell up about the whole Padilla thing! The last thing we need is for Ozzie to make the incident into such a big deal that the Sunday game will be played with warnings handed out before it starts. I don't know about my fellow Sox fans, but I sure don't want to see Garland face this Rangers line-up with the inside pitch being taken away from him.