MHizzle85

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:58 AM)
Well I am confused, you said it would have taken a perfect bunt by Uribe to move AJ along but whatever. I agree with you, they needed to have Uribe bunt there. Pods comes thru with a base hit which would've scored one run but instead it's a momentum shift.

Bad baseball.

I completely disagreed with Uribe not bunting, but I was trying to explain why Ozzie didn't have him bunt. I don't know what the hell we can do to spark this offense. We're slow, and station-to-station. However, when your "non-power hitters" can't execute, you're screwed.

I've labored back and forth on this, but my dream acquisition would be Miguel Tejada.

I've never been so pissed watching baseball games than I have the past two weeks or so. Maybe I just got spoiled by last year...I mean, don't we still have the 2nd best record in baseball?

QUOTE(premo @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
I've never been so pissed watching baseball games than I have the past two weeks or so. Maybe I just got spoiled by last year...I mean, don't we still have the 2nd best record in baseball?

Not for very long.

Boston is tied as of right now. Mets are a game back. Several others (NYY, Minn), who are playing much better ball right now, are only a handful back.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(soxunited @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
That was absolutely foolish, you don't send a guy like AJ home when there is slight chance that it will be close

Yeah, gut you gotta be aggresive. I dont think it was a bad call to send him...............hell yeah DP

Kinsler smoked it, fortunately right at Iguchi for the 4-6-3.

Buehrle is not fooling anybody, but now it's time for the offense to get something done.

QUOTE(chisoxdavid @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 02:02 AM)
Yeah, gut you gotta be aggresive. I dont think it was a bad call to send him...............hell yeah DP

You have to be smart! With someone as slow as AJP (or PK, Crede), you better be sure they're going to make it when you're down 3 and other guys are on base.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 02:02 AM)

Buehrle is not fooling anybody, but now it's time for the offense to get something done.

Kinsler is a great looking hitter.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
So you want to trade a pitcher who you think sucks for another pitcher who is currently sucking and only going to get worse that's cool. Take a look at Willis' year by year stats, his K/9, K/BB, WHIP, ERA, BABIP anything you want, his future is going to be full of Hideo Nomo comparisons and I don't want any part of that. You want Willis and don't want Buehrle that's your whole thing. I really could care less.

Okay, Buehrle is the greatest player ever. He's looking great out there. He's dealing wins like no other(for the other team, but nevermind that). I don't know why you keep saying Nomo. Nomo never threw as hard as Willis does. Nomo never had as great as pitches as Willis does.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)

They have been getting on base, lets hope they keep doing it, and driving them in.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
Okay, Buehrle is the greatest player ever. He's looking great out there. He's dealing wins like no other(for the other team, but nevermind that)

This is when I stop reading your posts.

QUOTE(chisoxdavid @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
They have been getting on base, lets hope they keep doing it, and driving them in.

If the last few series are any indication, they weren't do anything with it. 14 hits, 4 runs. 7 hits, 1 run. This team simply cannot excute on the field, on the mound, at the plate, or on the basepaths right now.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
If this team doesn't get their heads out of their backsides, they are toast.

Yeah, they seem to be sleepwalking through a lot of these games. I don't know what can shake the team up at this point though. I thought the Red Sox series would do it, then I thought the Yankees series would do it, then I thought coming home would shake it up, but they're still playing poorly. They are getting scoring opportunities and pissing them away.

The fans have been strong tonight at the game, hopefully they'll see them snap out of it tonight

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
But Jon Garland has numbers like Willis.....where's that post that said so. Lil' help?

Hell, if you just look at Dontrelle's numbers this year you can see he's already starting to struggle.

IP H BB SO ERA WHIP BAA K/9 K/BB OPS G/F

Dontrelle Willis - 137 150 44 86 3.94 1.42 .282 5.65 1.96 .756 1.74

Jon Garland - 116 136 26 60 5.12 1.40 .292 4.66 2.31 .817 1.05

He's not striking anyone out, walking everyone else and giving up more H than IP. The general rule of thumb is to add .90 onto an NL pitcher's ERA to convert it to the AL. That would put Dontrelle at 4.84.