White Sox Vs. Rangers

MHizzle85

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawk and DJ were talking about how you couldn't tell they were in a slump by the way the players were acting in the clubhouse and how it was a good thing. I don't buy that though; I think somebody on that team should get up and realize being down 6.5 games after the all-star break is something to worry about.

Right now the Sox are rolling over and playing dead. It was a 2-run game and now it looks like they have just given up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
Sometimes I wonder about our scouting reports. From everyone I've talked to about Young, you want to avoid throwing him 2 strike offspeed pitches. Of course, we threw IRod numbers 2 strike offspeed pitches, and he really hurt us.

I agree. Something has been really off with 0-2, 1-2, and 2-2 pitch calling this year. I'm not sure where it's stemming from, but the Sox are getting KILLED on those counts

OK, I have a Richard Pryor special on TiVo that's getting fired up now

At lot of it goes on Ozzie, IMO. We had a great chance to get some momentum from the first game against the Tigers. Then we don't use our starting lineup the next two games, which cost us in game 3.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
Where are all of the apologists who assume that everything is going to be just fine, regardless of how badly the Sox are playing? If this is how they respond to adversity, I don't see them overcoming a 6.5 game deficit in 2+ months.

I'm leaving Soxtalk until things improve around here. It's too damn negative. The overall discussions withint this website have greatly dominished. In my world, everything will turn out for the better. If you believe otherwise, you're not a real fan!

:lol:

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 03:02 AM)
Apologists Aside:

Medical Diagnosis, choking.

This isn't choking. In order to choke, you have to fall far down. We're still in the Wild Card race, and it's not like we've dropped 10 games in the standings. This is just awful baseball, and it's by nearly all 25 of our guys, and our 4 main coaches should be embarrassed.

Textbook managing by Ozzie...the guy's 2-2 with 2 homers against Cotts.

Right and how many times have we heard on this site, especially from you, that Cotts is just as good against righthanded hitters and Guillen should stop matching up "strictly based on the hand someone throws or hits with"?

Let's face it. It's the players who aren't executing. Guillen is giving them plenty of chances to do so.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 03:02 AM)
At lot of it goes on Ozzie, IMO. We had a great chance to get some momentum from the first game against the Tigers. Then we don't use our starting lineup the next two games, which cost us in game 3.

I just simply don't know what the hell he was thinking leaving Cotts in to face Mench. Mench is very good against lefties, and has destroyed Cotts. If you have Tracey warming up, bring him in the damn game.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 03:04 AM)
Right and how many times have we heard on this site, especially from you, that Cotts is just as good against righthanded hitters and Guillen should stop matching up "strictly based on the hand someone throws or hits with"?

Let's face it. It's the players who aren't executing. Guillen is giving them plenty of chances to do so.

Actually, I haven't said the Cotts thing against righties once this year. He's been better against lefties all season. I was the person saying that Jenks should have face Jason Michaels in game 3 of this season, and not Cotts in a crucial situation.

Do you really think Cotts should have been left in?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
I just simply don't know what the hell he was thinking leaving Cotts in to face Mench. Mench is very good against lefties, and has destroyed Cotts. If you have Tracey warming up, bring him in the damn game.

Ozzie is destroying a lot of Sox fans inside.