White Sox Vs. Rangers

MHizzle85

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
I'd like to make a suggestion to our manager....please shut the hell up about the whole Padilla thing! The last thing we need is for Ozzie to make the incident into such a big deal that the Sunday game will be played with warnings handed out before it starts. I don't know about my fellow Sox fans, but I sure don't want to see Garland face this Rangers line-up with the inside pitch being taken away from him.

I actually like it, its a bit of a distraction from the Sox poor play, yet something that could be used as a bit of a rallying point.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
I actually like it, its a bit of a distraction from the Sox poor play, yet something that could be used as a bit of a rallying point.

I posted this before I heard Ozzie's quotes today. Supposedly, he went around to a few Rangers players he's friends with and told them that if they start spiff this series, they're going to get hit. I just hope none of our players get hurt in the impending fight this wknd.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
I think Thome enjoyed seeing those 15 pitches thrown to the first 2 guys.

There you go Mark, there's your lead.

Now lets just hope that he doesn't return the favor.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)
Buehrle walking hitters is not a good sign.

Actually I think he has a new game plan. He seems to be going with the plan of throwing first pitch balls hoping that the batters will be chasing. He's also not throwing meatballs as of yet.

Still, in Mark's case with the rep he has of throwing strikes, it could be beneficial to ocassionally throw a first pitch out of the zone (since he has such good command).

Rack em up, inning ending DP

i'm not sure how much of this game I'm going to get to see as I am nackered and reafy for bed. I was just about to turn in before Thomes homer, well that woke me up!

Solid start, I hope we can keep it up and keep me awake.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:04 AM)
Joe looks a little late on a FB up and in.

45% of our runs have came on the HR. ANyone know what the % was last year?

Crede with one of his worst ABs of the season. The players just seem sluggish at the plate.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
Joe looks a little late on a FB up and in.

45% of our runs have came on the HR. ANyone know what the % was last year?

Probably about the same.

Not a good AB right there.

Perhaps Ozzie should get to the park early and practice filling out a lineup card.

It's not completely Ozzie's fault. He doesn't acquire stiffs like Widger, Mack, Cintron, et. all. Everett

and Blum woulda been better. But I agree

he plays the B team too much.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
It's not completely Ozzie's fault. He doesn't acquire stiffs like Widger, Mack, Cintron, et. all. Everett

and Blum woulda been better. But I agree

he plays the B team too much.

Yes, Mackowiak and Cintron are stiff. This makes sense.