White Sox Vs. Rangers

MHizzle85

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
Dontrelle Willis is not a good starting pitcher.

Yes, yes he is. And unlike Buehrle, even when he's hitting not hitting locations, he could actually still get outs. Buehrle's just providing more evidence on why Strikeout pitchers > Location Pitchers.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, this could be a blessing in disguise. I would love to see KW panic and make a blockbuster move to spark this team. Outside of Thome, Dye, Konerko, Jenks, Contreras, and Crede, there's not a single player that "can't" be traded.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
Buehrle, if you think you're going to earn a 4 year, 48-56 million dollar contract you can forget about it.

I'm SICK of watching this. Soft-tossing pitchers without control can't exist.

And to think, we're drafting people who draw comparisons to him! That's crazy.

Our minor leagues needs to begin producing legitimate talent, because I'd rather take chances with an emerging talent than paying him a ridiculous contract.

PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
Again, this could be a blessing in disguise. I would love to see KW panic and make a blockbuster move to spark this team. Outside of Thome, Dye, Konerko, Jenks, Contreras, and Crede, there's not a single player that "can't" be traded.

I see no reason to trade AJ either

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:22 AM)
Thsi swear filtering is really annoying and kinda silly

I personally think it's really bringing this board down. However, I respect the mods/admins enough to trust their decisions.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:22 AM)
I see no reason to trade AJ either

Sorry, I should have listed him also.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)

Dropping fast behind the division leader and behind wildcard contenders is not a blessing.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
Sorry, I should have listed him also.

Ya I figured that was the case. No biggie. And I tottally agree with the basic point of your post.

I don't see anyway he stands by idly and lets this spiff go on.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
Yes, yes he is. And unlike Buehrle, even when he's hitting not hitting locations, he could actually still get outs. Buehrle's just providing more evidence on why Strikeout pitchers > Location Pitchers.

Why is he a good starting pitcher? Past years? If so, why is Buehrle a bad starting pitcher? He's been successful in the past, and is one of the better lefties on the league. He's having a bad year, that doesn't mean he sucks and should be traded.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)

Have you checked his stats/watched him pitch at all this year? He has a near 4 ERA, 1.42 WHIP 86K/44BB (horrible) and .282 BAA.

WTF is good about that? He's doing all that in a giant pitchers park. He is not good.

For everyone complaining about our 1-2 hitters....the Twins guys currently have a 15 and 14 game hitting streak.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:23 AM)
Dropping fast behind the division leader and behind wildcard contenders is not a blessing.

Of course it's not, but at least it's happening now instead of August 5th.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
Have you checked his stats/watched him pitch at all this year? He has a near 4 ERA, 1.42 WHIP 86K/44BB (horrible) and .282 BAA.

WTF is good about that? He's doing all that in a giant pitchers park. He is not good.

but he's always on sportscenter, he must be good

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:23 AM)
I personally think it's really bringing this board down. However, I respect the mods/admins enough to trust their decisions.

Why does this have to become nothing but a swear fest? Just asking.

My baseball post is, I was watching MB, and as soon as someone got on base, he started steering his pitches, and that was it. Before that, he was fine. A location guy can't steer the ball, or the results we just saw start to happen. MB has been doing it for a month now and it makes me wonder if he's gassed.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:26 AM)
Pretty soon, KW is gonna have to figure out trades to make to

compete solely for wild card.

Detroit is close to running away with it.

To be honest, I'm much more concerned with the Twins and Yankees than I am the Tigers. If the Tigers continue to play solid ball the rest of the way, they're going to be one of the four playoff teams. The Twins are playing scary good right now.

I personally think it's really bringing this board down.

Talk about a downer, I think we all completely understand you don't like Podsednik. Annoying is as annoying does. Personally I think the swear filter is serving a purpose, it is clearly showing how much swearing goes on around here. And believe me I'm not anti-swearing. But it's fascinating to see how much swearing actually goes on and it's too much. IMO.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:27 AM)
Why does this have to become nothing but a swear fest? Just asking.

No, it has nothing to do with swearing. My comment was in regards to people continuing to type "spiff" or "fish".