White Sox Vs. Rangers

MHizzle85

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
So you were talking about the filter, just as I said. And not typing spliff or fish, etc. You don't even realize when you're complaining, you do it so much.

I was complaining about people thinking it's funny to type spiff and fish, and how that adds nothing to baseball discussion.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
So you were talking about the filter, just as I said. And not typing spliff or fish, etc. You don't even realize when you're complaining, you do it so much.

Sox with the chance to get back into it here.

OK. I think the point's been made on both sides. Time to move along and complain about something else, like the score right now. Dammit! :angry:

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:36 AM)
Let's trade Buehrle when his value is as low as ever. Makes sense.

I would seriously investigate the possibilities of it at the end of the season. It's too bad the Cardinals don't have a deep farm system.

I was complaining about people thinking it's funny to type spiff and fish, and how that adds nothing to baseball discussion.

If you say so. You were complaining about the need for a filter yesterday, you must have a new perspective today.

Like the swearing does add to baseball discussion? Interesting perspective.

And now he gets Blalock on 3 pitches.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
National League, in a pitchers park. Yeah that's great, you can compare numbers as of right now all you want, it's fairly evident that Willis is going down the Nomo path right now. If you want to trade Buehlre for Willis more power to ya, it can be your new kick.

Translated stats takes into account ballpark effects IIRC and leagues.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:38 AM)
If you say so. You were complaining about the need for a filter yesterday, you must have a new perspective today.

Like the swearing does add to baseball discussion? Interesting perspective.

And now he gets Blalock on 3 pitches.

Flash linked the thread in which Jason explained the thread, and I completely understand it now. I agree, swearing for the sake of swearing doesn't add to the discussion. However, not many people would just type the F word for no reason prior to the filer. Now, you see spiff and fish, as people are trying to be funny.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
I would seriously investigate the possibilities of it at the end of the season. It's too bad the Cardinals don't have a deep farm system.

the chances of the sox trading buehrle is as good as the chance of the cards trading pujols for buehrle straight up...

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
Translated stats takes into account ballpark effects IIRC and leagues.

I didn't even look at the stats mainly because I don't need to. Dontrelle is headed down a bad road and his stats are fine evidence of it. I have no use for him but whatever.

However, not many people would just type the F word for no reason prior to the filer.

Oh please. How long have you been at SoxTalk and why do you think they added a filter?

Anyways fathom this doesn't need to be discussed here, I think we have bantered back and forth long enough.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
I didn't even look at the stats mainly because I don't need to. Dontrelle is headed down a bad road and his stats are fine evidence of it. I have no use for him but whatever.

I just showed his translated stats compared to Buehrle's. If anything, Buehrle's headed down the bad road considering he's not a strikeout pitcher, and he couldn't hit the ocean if he was living on a boat near the coast of Hawaii.

Man this site is going down the drain.... witch-hunting, member bashing, fighting over silly imposed rules... and now a swearinf filter?

Are we not adults? What's wrong with swearing? I hate things that have to be censored or culled like this..... oh well

Is there another sox site with a more adult and individual atmosphere...because this ride on the tea cups is saddening

Edited by Misplaced_Sox

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:39 AM)
the chances of the sox trading buehrle is as good as the chance of the cards trading pujols for buehrle straight up...

We all know that KW is more than willing to trade starting pitchers if they're not locked up for more than one more season.