Your Favorite Pitcher (of your lifetime)

Gregory Pratt

Greg Maddux is just special. He is the true meaning of a "pitcher." But my favorites personally growing up were Blackjack McDowell, Carlos Perez (I loved his funky motion as well as Irabu) Kevin Brown and Bret Saberhagen. I was never really into pitchers growing up though. My little brother does fit the mold of a Maddux though which I want him to duplicate. (I wouldn't have him duplicate any other true pitcher.)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
Mariano; not so much. Hoffman on the other hand hells yeah, you gott appreciate a guy who can close out games for a decade with nothing more than a mid to upper 90's fastball and a changeup. Others have tried but not many have succeeded, hoffman will always be a fav of mine. As will Jeff Zimmerman, it's so sad that his career had to end the way it did, the guy was lights out in '01 and was never to be seen from again.

What happened to Zimmerman, just injuries? I'll have to say Tom Glavine, followed by Pedro. Other guys are buehrle and Santana.

Fergie Jenkins. The guy was FUN to watch when I was a kid. 6 straight 20-win seasons (1967-72), and a 25-win season for Texas two years after that.

Bob Gibson was an intimidator, plain and simple.

I also enjoyed the guys with the funky deliveries like Pedro Borbon and Juan Marichal.

Yeah, I'm an old fart, so what?

:P :D

Dewey La Marr Hoyt.

Take Mark Buehrle's heart and transplant it into Freddy Garcia's body and you can picture how he used to pitch. He threw in the low 90's, attacked every hitter, and left nothing in the locker room. Unfortunatly he self destructed in his personal life.

Incidently, one of the guys the Sox got for him when they traded him to San Diego was Ozzie Guillen.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
Dewey La Marr Hoyt.

Take Mark Buehrle's heart and transplant it into Freddy Garcia's body and you can picture how he used to pitch. He threw in the low 90's, attacked every hitter, and left nothing in the locker room. Unfortunatly he self destructed in his personal life.

Incidently, one of the guys the Sox got for him when they traded him to San Diego was Ozzie Guillen.

Pretty sad story.

Hands down, my favorite pitcher of all-time, my favorite player of all time, and my favorite White Sox of all time.....Mike Sirotka! :headbang

My top 3 pitchers:

1.) Mike Sirotka

2.) Pedro Martinez

3.) Shingo Takatsu