And thats a Sox Loser.

Heads22

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 03:27 AM)
He's not, and neither is our pitching staff as a whole.

We're going to need production from our minor league system within the immediate future. This rotation obviously can't continue performing through the life of their contracts.

Our pitching has turned into what people thought would happen to the Tigers pitchers. Our quality starts are few and far between.

This team needs to wake up, and no better time than to start tomorrow.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
If Garcia would get tossed for plunking someone in the first, it'd be bullspiff. Padilla hit AJ on two consecutive pitches in two consecutive AB's after having perfect control for the majority of the night, but he didn't get ejected. By that logic alone, even if its intentional, Garcia shouldn't be tossed if he were to do that.

Then again, this won't happen. Garcia won't hit anyone unless its later on in the game, so whatever.

Showalter didn't go around threatening Sox hitters or gauranteeing retaliation though.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 03:27 AM)
If Garcia would get tossed for plunking someone in the first, it'd be bullspiff. Padilla hit AJ on two consecutive pitches in two consecutive AB's after having perfect control for the majority of the night, but he didn't get ejected. By that logic alone, even if its intentional, Garcia shouldn't be tossed if he were to do that.

Then again, this won't happen. Garcia won't hit anyone unless its later on in the game, so whatever.

And that's what I mentioned before the game. Ozzie just needs to shut up in the media, and take care of this on the field. By talking "macho", he's just going to get our starter tossed from the game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
2 outs in the bottom of the 9th with the other team not having any chance to retaliate until tomorrow, beyond perfect. But Buck is far too classy for some petty spiff like that right? RIGHT?

I don't know what purpose Hawk/DJ served by ignoring such logic, but I couldn't believe they did. Almost as if they didn't want listeners to have the impression we were being pushed around.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)

If that's the case, hopefully Garcia drills whoever in the 1st. That would mean McCarthy.

All of you that are stressing over this loss should stop paying attention to the Sox for a few days. It really makes things a lot less stressful. For the last two games of the Detroit series, I Tivod the game so I could fast forward through all the bullspiff. Tonight I came home, saw Mench rounding the bases, and turned the tv off.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
All of you that are stressing over this loss should stop paying attention to the Sox for a few days. It really makes things a lot less stressful. For the last two games of the Detroit series, I Tivod the game so I could fast forward through all the bullspiff. Tonight I came home, saw Mench rounding the bases, and turned the tv off.

I really wish it were that easy but it's not.

Same thing I do. Lately I've been trying to avoid watching the games because I get so mad.

We never seemed to have recovered after being swept by the Yankees. :crying

The guys need to regroup - 6.5 back now. I am getting concerned about making the playoffs at this point.

I live breath and sleep the Chicago White Sox, I can't stay away when the guys need support the most.

Edited by whitesox1976

I think that makes it harder. Like whe your watching espn or something and the bottom line score comes up and you see that we lost, its like its mocking you. Also when you come downstairs and the front of the paper shows the sox losing. It wants me to suffer! :crying

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
Thank god I'm going to Florida and away from stressing on the sox for a while.

Take us all with you!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
Quick note: Josh Fields didn't play tonight for Charlotte. Not sure why he didn't.

Hmm. This could be interesting.

Tonight's game, just like most of the last ten, featured many of the head scratching things you see at least of few of almost every game. Pods bunting. Why, its an automatic strike. If he just takes it, because he will never get it down in fair territory, it at least has a chance to be called a ball. Poor starting pitching. Buerhle admittedly was pretty good except for one horrific inning. Unfortunately he was batting practice for one inning. Joey Cora waving a guy home that is thrown out by at least 30 feet with a poor throw. Ridiculous. The Sox were down 3 at the time, and that would have loaded the bases for Iguchi against Mahay. Iguchi has a far better chance to do some damage against Mahay, which could mean multiple runs than AJ had of even making the play at home close. Lack of bunts. The Sox were down 3 with runners on first and second and nobody out, and Uribe is swinging away. Of course he fails to advance the runners and it cost the Sox at least 1 run. The only thing I can think of is Ozzie probably had no confidence in Buerhle keeping them at 5 and wanted to play for the huge inning. I know the final score would indicate that most of this post didn't matter, but who knows how it plays out if the game is tied or the Sox have the lead late in the game. That and the fact that these and other incidents like these occur daily now, and its costing the Sox a lot of ballgames, games they may have needed to win when its all said and done.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:55 PM)
Oritz has only pitched 12 innings in July, he's allowed 18 ER but he's pitched about as much a very active long reliever.

Well, a 13.5 is better than a 13.8, that's true. Very, very sad. But true.

How can Mark look himself in the mirror? Russ has done everything he could to get that worst pitcher of the month award. You can't possibly do more/less than he did today. But Mark wasn't content with the ASG, he had to have this, too.

QUOTE(pcullotta @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:50 PM)
Since July 2nd, Mark Buerhle is Dead Last in MLB in ERA with a 13.81 and also dead last in Hits per 9 innings with 18.9.

Actually, checking the stats, I'm pretty sure that doesn't include tonight's games. He dropped his July era to 11.4 after this game. Phew.

Edited by jackie hayes