And thats a Sox Loser.

Heads22

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
Has anyone been listening to the Fuzzy Pink Bunny do the Sox Post Game show tonight? I would LOVE to hear how he's attempted to spin this one.

I'm usually pessimistic when the Sox are losing, but Buerhle actually looked very good tonight except for 1 inning. So at least he's gone from a guy with a 13.00 ERA to Javier Vazquez-like.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
Wait, now people agree with me? Where are all the people who jumped all over me last time.

Always happened before I stopped posting a lot this board. Maybe you should follow suit, then they can't do anything to you.

I saw something on the scoreboard tonight that coming into tonight's game Anderson was hitting .250 with 4 homers and 17 rbi at USCF. That means he must be hitting around .160 with 1 homer and 4 rbi on the road, which is unbelievably pathetic, and I happen to be as big of fan of Anderson as there is.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
Has anyone been listening to the Fuzzy Pink Bunny do the Sox Post Game show tonight? I would LOVE to hear how he's attempted to spin this one.

FPB's optimistic spin on this was we played good defense. Of course he must of been at the bathroom when Anderson broke back on the ball and let it hit in front of him. Or when Crede decided to drop the liner hit right at him.

I was at this abortion of a game. I had excellent seats, however the product on the field was worth a look from the 10000 foot level

Pauly is in his pull only mode. When he gets into this, you see the following. Lots of ground outs to the SS and 3rd baseman. Or the occasional popup to the right side, more or so to the 1st baseman in foul ground. This is caused by attempting to pull a ball away. When Paul gets into this funk you also get him slamming his bat into the ground. One of his bats actually went up the 3rd baseline quite a bit on his slam.

This entire team is in a pull mode right now. Right handers are slapping the ball to the left side on the ground, and the lefties are doing the same thing to the right side. We are an easily pitched to team these days. Throw it low and away and you have us. When they start hitting line drives, and trying to hit the ball where its pitched is the minute we start hitting more and more line drives. We currently look like a softball team out there.

On the postgame show, Ozzie said he talked to his team about getting down on themselves. That the minute the opposition scores some runs, they feel that here we go again. That is a more damning statement as far the mood of the team.

Our pitching is crap. Buerhle has to give up the most back to back jacks I have seen Because he wants to make sure he gets that get me over fastball after giving up a dong to get ahead, they get a cookie pretty much everytime. This is pretty much the first time I heard loud boos with Buerhle at the game.

Joey Cora is a moron. Who the fish sends a catcher who hasnt even rounded third on a nearly caught liner to center. He was so out it was embarrassing. Does this guy have a clue on how to be a third base coach. This is about the billionth time he has killed a rally sending one of our slowest guys. Ozuna, Pods sure take the chance. But no he waves his arms when Kong, AJ or Crede are dashing around the bases.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
The Sox may be in 3rd place by Wednesday.

Wow how the mighty have fallen. I was looking at the standings and the Twins are 2 games back from us. This definitely sucks. It has the same feeling when each year we just cant get over the hump of the Twins.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:39 PM)
The fact we couldn't beat Wasdinowski in the Cell

shows we are up a creek.

We is in deep trouble.

His manager made sure the Sox didn't beat him. He could have left him out there to try and get the W, and it probably would have been a totally different ballgame.

ugh just got back from the game

our team looked ugly out there today, and thats the bottom line

playing with no heart, there is no edge or skill to their play. all the hitters looked like they were swinging for the fences (judging by the popups that went up), and every time they had a rally going, they failed to execute

True Richie,

However when I look at his stats I was thinking maybe we'd pound

him in the first couple innings and treat him like the crud pitcher he is.

p.s. Allen hit the longest homer I've ever seen in old Comiskey.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)
Joey Cora is a moron.

There's a name noone talks about. When our whole team plays badly (meaning pitchers, hitters) then some of the coaches can be affected as well. Cora has been just bad his last few games down there. He might have cost us some runs that could have won at least a couple games for us during this stretch. I've heard the names of Ozzie, most of our starters, some of our hitters (mostly from the bench) Coop here and there, but never Cora.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)
There's a name noone talks about.

Hawk sure as hell hasn't mentioned his name lately. In the past, he's practically been his cheerleader.

Earlier in the season, when a runner was sent and thrown out, the excuse to explain such a decision was, "Cora is one of the best I"ve ever seen at third base. He isn't afraid to push the envelope. Sometimes it doesn't work, more than not it does."

Now? Silence. Every outfielder has seemingly adopted strong arms with tremendous accuracy.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)
There's a name noone talks about. When our whole team plays badly (meaning pitchers, hitters) then some of the coaches can be affected as well. Cora has been just bad his last few games down there. He might have cost us some runs that could have won at least a couple games for us during this stretch. I've heard the names of Ozzie, most of our starters, some of our hitters (mostly from the bench) Coop here and there, but never Cora.

Cora has been horrid since the day he got here, they say a 3B Coach is doing his job when no one mentions his name, well Cora's name has come up an awful lot over the past 2 years. He has this creepy fetish where if there's an ultra slow baserunner (Pierz and Crede especially) on second and the ball is smoked into either left or centerfield he must send him everytime. It's gotten absolutely ridiculous, the time he sent Crede against Cabrera in New York and this one today with Pierzynski and Hairston should be enough to have Cora removed from his duties at 3B.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)
Hawk sure as hell hasn't mentioned his name lately. In the past, he's practically been his cheerleader.

Earlier in the season, when a runner was sent and thrown out, the excuse to explain such a decision was, "Cora is one of the best I"ve ever seen at third base. He isn't afraid to push the envelope. Sometimes it doesn't work, more than not it does."

Now? Silence. Every outfielder has seemingly adopted strong arms with tremendous accuracy.

Well except our LF, I am sure that Kong and AJ would score on that arm. Noodles should just hit the cutoff man and be done with it. The minute I see a nice arch at about 75mph flying past the cutoff man I want to leave my seat and and vomit.

Both of my brothers were at this game. One is a cubs fan, and he outside of being an ass had a few good points.

He said he finally knew what happened to Wendell Kim. He got some plastic surgery and reappeared on the southside.

He also pointed out, that Konerko looks like he just wants to murder every single ball. And he looks tight.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)
Cora has been horrid since the day he got here, they say a 3B Coach is doing his job when no one mentions his name, well Cora's name has come up an awful lot over the past 2 years. He has this creepy fetish where if there's an ultra slow baserunner (Pierz and Crede especially) on second and the ball is smoked into either left or centerfield he must send him everytime. It's gotten absolutely ridiculous, the time he sent Crede against Cabrera in New York and this one today with Pierzynski and Hairston should be enough to have Cora removed from his duties at 3B.

That throw tonight was 10-15 feet up the line, so if AJ would have been out by only 10 feet he would have been safe. The guy was waiting for him with the ball. I don't think I've ever seen such poor judgement in my life. It has to be almost impossible to be out by that much. If you would be out by more than that, you would have enough time to get back to third.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:52 PM)
Well except our LF, I am sure that Kong and AJ would score on that arm. Noodles should just hit the cutoff man and be done with it. The minute I see a nice arch at about 75mph flying past the cutoff man I want to leave my seat and and vomit.

His throw tonight from shallow LF with the runner tagging came close to bringing rain. And 75 mph is giving him way too much credit.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 04:55 AM)
That throw tonight was 10-15 feet up the line, so if AJ would have been out by only 10 feet he would have been safe. The guy was waiting for him with the ball. I don't think I've ever seen such poor judgement in my life. It has to be almost impossible to be out by that much. If you would be out by more than that, you would have enough time to get back to third.

His throw tonight from shallow LF with the runner tagging came close to bringing rain. And 75 mph is giving him way too much credit.

We seem so slow on the field. One of the most underrated downfalls of this team right now is the throwing arms of our outfielders. It's unbelievable that we haven't thrown out a guy at home all season. Cora has got to show more patience with our slow runners, and especially when we're trailing by more than one run.

Cora likes to put the pressure on opposing OF defenders by forcing the issue more often than not.

He's not as bad as Waving Wally, but most of his decisions regarding our slower base runners like Kong and A.J tonight have not paid off.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
We seem so slow on the field. One of the most underrated downfalls of this team right now is the throwing arms of our outfielders. It's unbelievable that we haven't thrown out a guy at home all season. Cora has got to show more patience with our slow runners, and especially when we're trailing by more than one run.

Dye and BA have got 2 of the better OF arms for the position in all of the majors. How that stat can be I don't know, but it's not because those 2 don't have the talent.

Podsednik on the other hand, well yeah we know about his arm.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
Same thing I do. Lately I've been trying to avoid watching the games because I get so mad.

It's yet to reach the depths of pain and frustration suffered last year when the lead went away and you knew they were going to lose yet you couldn't look away. People were screaming "who cares if they get in the playoffs, they effin suck! They'll be swept in the first round!!" And for the last few years the sox have been capable of some incredible displays of ineptitude at points in the season. They had a lead in July of '04 and it went away, too.

I just hope this year's swoon ends sooner than later.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 12:33 AM)
i was at the game tonight....and it's a good thing they entertained us with fireworks at the end cause i sure wasn't entertained by the sox :-/

Didn't sound like anyone was entertained. I could hear crickets chirping.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:55 PM)

you are just plain wrong with Pod's throw. I was there, it was actually a decent throw, and it was middle to deep left field on a semi fast runner. Also it was a line drive which are much harder to gain momentum on, on the throw home. Few people would have gotten him out if any.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 12:37 AM)
you are just plain wrong with Pod's throw. I was there, it was actually a decent throw, and it was middle to deep left field on a semi fast runner. Also it was a line drive which are much harder to gain momentum on, on the throw home. Few people would have gotten him out if any.

I didn't see the play but you have to admit that more often than not, Scotty comes up with a lame duck throw home. Perfect example was the top of the 9th vs Houston in game 2 (WS).

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 12:37 AM)

I was at the game also in section 134. It wasnt a line drive, it was a well hit fly ball. Pods could of settled behind the ball to setup his throw, but he didnt. And he had no fishing chance at all of throwing him out. Hit the cutoff man when you have a noodle arm.