Sox v. Rangers, Gamethread

Now that the starters might be coming around, when is the offense gonna catch up? This must be a nightmare for Williams. I'd rather Freddy get nailed for 7 runs knowing that a change will be made rather than a great effort like this spoiled. This is so hard to watch. And we've got the Twins next.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
Isn't Jenks ERA now like 8 this month? His fastball has been slower for a while now. It's more like 96 mph than the 98-99.

Jenks hasn't been good in non-save situations....I know he got roughed up in a game that the Sox were already losing, a week ago vs. the Yankees.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
wasdon, koranaka starting for texas. what do we get? 5 f'n runs in two f'n games combined. :angry:

The pull monkeys need to relearn not to try and pull and jack the homer everytime at bat. They have resisted that this whole year These last few weeks, its either homer or nothing.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Good call Ozzie. Put in Cotts to get Blalock out and stop the bleeding.

If Cotts follows his season long pattern, he'll give up a hit or two, to allow the men on base to score before getting out of the inning - and his ERA will actually lower.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
BOOOOO!

the fans were clapping...ive always hated that, when a pitcher gets pulled, and he did bad, and fans clap. its stupid. im not saying u have to boo..

*sighs*

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
If Cotts follows his season long pattern, he'll give up a hit or two, to allow the men on base to score before getting out of the inning - and his ERA will actually lower.

Blalock is horrible against lefties.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
Blalock is horrible against lefties.

I'm not doubting that, the numbers are what they are....I've just seen Cotts come into games too often, and just contribute to the other team's inning before settling down.

He got out of the inning tonight though - nice job Cotts!

If I'm there right now, I'd be tempted too boo...this team has been so hard to watch the past 2 weeks.

So how are we going to lose tomorrow? Honestly that's basically what Ive been asking myself the past week.

Kenny, this is enough make a move TONIGHT.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
For about the 5th time this week, I'll say this....at least this slump is happening before the trade deadline. I won't be opposed to anyone on this team getting traded in a deal.

I just want someone, I don't care who, to talk to the team and inform them that if they don't wake the fish up right now, they will miss the playoffs.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 02:01 AM)
I'm not doubting that, the numbers are what they are....I've just seen Cotts come into games too often, and just contribute to the other team's inning before settling down.

He got out of the inning tonight though - nice job Cotts!

I would have rather had Boone Logan pitch to Blalock then to leave Jenks in to face another hitter.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 02:02 AM)
I just want someone, I don't care who, to talk to the team and inform them that if they don't wake the fish up right now, they will miss the playoffs.

Maybe the best thing that could happen to this team is fall out of the Wild Card lead.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
If Ozzie lets Anderson bat vs Otsuka, I'm going to throw my remote.

The plus of not getting the games on TV and having MLB.tv instead, I can't throw my remote at it :P