Sox v. Rangers, Gamethread

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)
He has his best offspeed pitches of the year, besides for the inning in which he allowed a run. What was critical for him was keeping them to only one run that inning.

It also helped that when he threw the FB it was as hard as 90-91 and for the most part was 88 or higher.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
Mother f***er.

Make him do it again Ozzie

Fish is gone? :o

And yea, he'll make them all bunt more. From Reifert's blog:

Bunting, bunting and more bunting

Several players were out early again today working on bunting skills and situational hitting. Working with the guys were Ozzie, Joey Cora and Tim Raines, all renown bunters in their day.

"We are going to keep working on this until we get it right," Guillen said. "And the reason all these guys are out here is because we are a team. If one fails, we all fail."

Guillen promised extra work Monday and Tuesday before night games if he doesn't see improvement in execution.

That was a dumb managerial decision by Ozzie. He should have put Mackowiak or Gload up to the plate, and then got the lefty brought in. After the pitching move, he could have Cintron bat. After the inning, Pods could go in for LF. Instead, we have Pods facing the tough lefty.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
Hey, a little luck. Still horrible execution.

I thought we were going to get lucky there and having a pitcher's throwing error.

BTW, this is exhibit 100 of why we need a righty outfielder on the bench.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
I thought we were going to get lucky there and having a pitcher's throwing error.

I was thinking the same thing. He looked to 3rd for a little longer than expected and I was thinking he'd have to rush the throw.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
That was a dumb managerial decision by Ozzie. He should have put Mackowiak or Gload up to the plate, and then got the lefty brought in. After the pitching move, he could have Cintron bat. After the inning, Pods could go in for LF. Instead, we have Pods facing the tough lefty.

did pods still have to bat?couldnt he put alex in after mahay was brought in?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
DJ mentioned it, but I wouldn't be shocked with a squeeze play. Of cousre infield is playing in.

With the way Pods has been bunting, it might go over the drawn-in infield.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
did pods still have to bat?couldnt he put alex in after mahay was brought in?

Yes, but only if he was willing to put Mackowiak in LF.