Sox v. Rangers, Gamethread

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
That was a dumb managerial decision by Ozzie. He should have put Mackowiak or Gload up to the plate, and then got the lefty brought in. After the pitching move, he could have Cintron bat. After the inning, Pods could go in for LF. Instead, we have Pods facing the tough lefty.

i know he just struck out, but he did get a hard line drive single last night off of him

Guchi is going to have to pick Scotty up. Scotty is not a run producer so I was not a fan of having him pinch hit, especially knowing that Mahay is a pretty tough lefty. Even worse you got a lefty in thats going to face Guchi and he struggles vs them.

Guchi hammers it to the track but inning over and we wasted an easy opportunity to score a run. This was poor execution by the Sox.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
i know he just struck out, but he did get a hard line drive single last night off of him

If Pods isn't good enough to start against Koronka, then he shouldn't be good enough to face Mahay in that tough spot.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
Guchi is going to have to pick Scotty up. Scotty is not a run producer so I was not a fan of having him pinch hit, especially knowing that Mahay is a pretty tough lefty. Even worse you got a lefty in thats going to face Guchi and he struggles vs them.

I think it's the first thing we've agreed upon tonight. Will someone please tell me the point of having Gload on this roster again?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
Yes, but only if he was willing to put Mackowiak in LF.

he cant do much worse than pods in left..ozzie has put mack as a defensive replacement be4. i dont get why he was batting....

I don't know why people are blaming Pods. Its not his fault, he sucks against lefties. Everyone knows this, so is it really his fault when he doesn't do anything against one? If anyone, blame Ozzie for putting him in.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
I don't know why people are blaming Pods. Its not his fault, he sucks against lefties. Everyone knows this, so is it really his fault when he doesn't do anything against one? If anyone, blame Ozzie for putting him in.

Exactly, I'm not blaming Pods. Ozzie played right into the hands of Buck that inning.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)

I don't care how bad you suck in a certain situation. Find a way to put the ball in play. There are so many possabilties with man on 3rd less than 2 outs.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
Don't we deserve to lose again? That is a pathetic effort by Pods.

it'll be too bad if we do, great defense by dye,crede,pk, pitching was good by freddy...dreaded leadoff walk..

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
I don't care how bad you suck in a certain situation. Find a way to put the ball in play. There are so many possabilties with man on 3rd less than 2 outs.

Sure, it would be nice for a player with speed and no power to make contact. However, we can't be greedy now. :P