Sox v. Rangers, Gamethread

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
I don't care how bad you suck in a certain situation. Find a way to put the ball in play. There are so many possabilties with man on 3rd less than 2 outs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

u got to get it done

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:17 AM)
it'll be too bad if we do, great defense by dye,crede,pk, pitching was good by freddy...dreaded leadoff walk..

You score 1 run vs Koronka and against this Rangers offense, and your chances aren't good. We need to find a way to win this.

GAS!

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:19 AM)
this team is in a HUGE tailspin. if you don't admit that, then you are beyond help. Sad part is that this team has a crazy good record up till this point. it's possible that they won't play any better the rest of the season.

So you're saying we're going to win like 20 pct of the rest of our games? Wow, even I'm not that pessimistic. :P

Nasty sequence by Thornton.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:22 AM)
Bring in your best reliever to get the biggest out. I love it.

Closers are for the 9th inning is overrated.

Especially with 2 outs in the 8th inning. If he gets him out, and if we don't score next inning, he can still go the 9th, and then give you the best shot to win in the bottom of the inning.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
this team is in a HUGE tailspin. if you don't admit that, then you are beyond help. Sad part is that this team has a crazy good record up till this point. it's possible that they won't play any better the rest of the season.

yes. im so sick of ppl saying how everything is going to be ok,we have the 2nd best record, the pitching will get better,etc. jesus, its almost august, its not may.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
Especially with 2 outs in the 8th inning. If he gets him out, and if we don't score next inning, he can still go the 9th, and then give you the best shot to win in the bottom of the inning.

I disagree. After his first 15 pitches, Bobby's stats become rather miserable (8.64 ERA during pitches 16-30).