Sox v. Rangers, Gamethread

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:10 AM)
Paulie just made the perfect throw to turn the 3-6-3 double play. Inning over and that was an awesome pitch by Freddy to get Blalock to roll into it.

I take it no one misses Frank Thomas (or should I say, Cade McNown) throwing the ball in that same situation? :P

QUOTE(soxunited @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:10 AM)
Konerko definitely makes up for it there - that ball was smoked

Huh?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 05:09 PM)
That's what I'm saying though...it seems unless those 3-4-5 guys homer, our offense is struggling to put up runs. It's just frustrating to see PK either pop up the inside fastball, or roll over on the outside slow pitch. He's a much better hitter than that.

Paulie has had plenty of RBI's that haven't been on the HR, same with the other guys. Sure we hit a lot of Hr's, but Dye and Paulie are right around .300 and Thome is in the .275-.285 range. Oh and did I mention Paulie is a complete professional hitter.

And where is the credit he deserves for the beautiful AB he had in the 1st to draw a walk?

And ya he is a better hitter than that, but he's in a bit of a slump, it happens. Its time for the pitching to pick things up for the offense....cause we all know the offense has done plenty this year and will continue to do plenty throughout the year I'm sure.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
Its called a slump, it happens. But in this case it was a real nice pitch. Even when your at your best your lucky to get 4 hits in 10 AB's (this is when your on a major hot streak).

PK is goin to the right side and we know how good he is at doin that. once you see that he's doin that u know he's gonna come out of it. goin to the right side is not a bad thing,once he gets on top of the ball watch out

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
I take it no one misses Frank Thomas (or should I say, Cade McNown) throwing the ball in that same situation? :P

Huh?

the dp made up for his AB earlier

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)

Huh?

Paulie is such an under-rated 1st baseman in my book. I don't think there is a first baseman in the bigs that picks the ball like he does on throws (he saves Crede and Uribe all the time) and no one has the arm that he has over at 1st when it comes to turning 3-6-3 DP's. He's got slightly below avg range, but he usually gets to anything hit at him.

QUOTE(RoyHobbs @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 05:12 PM)
PK is goin to the right side and we know how good he is at doin that. once you see that he's doin that u know he's gonna come out of it. goin to the right side is not a bad thing,once he gets on top of the ball watch out

Exactly, by the way welcome aboard Roy. Glad we were able to get your account all squared up :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
And ya he is a better hitter than that, but he's in a bit of a slump, it happens. Its time for the pitching to pick things up for the offense....cause we all know the offense has done plenty this year and will continue to do plenty throughout the year I'm sure.

That's exactly what I was saying though...he's a much better hitter than the way he's been lately. The lack of bat speed by him and AJP is what has concerned me. The whole team is slumping with RISP now.

QUOTE(RoyHobbs @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)

He's not going to right by choice

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 05:10 PM)
Did it look deliberate?

Nope.

Crede had too much of an uppercut on that swing cause he got a major cookie. We've had way too many popups and now they just gave Koronka a real easy inning.

But if Freddy can do his thing, I smell a few runs coming our way next time around (BA, PAB's, GUCHI to get things started for the middle of the order and they are gonna come through).

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
AJ and Konerko are so coming back to earth right now.

Coming back to earth...AJ was a career .300 plus hitter in Minnesota while Paulie has had seasons right around .300. I don't see where they are coming back to earth, more like a slump.

QUOTE(RoyHobbs @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:12 AM)

But he's not doing this on purpose. You can tell by PK's reactions at the plate when he's trying to hit the ball the opposite way. The reason he keeps hitting these pop ups is that he's pulling off the inside pitch, and that's why it's weakly hit to foul territory/2nd baseman.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
Coming back to earth...AJ was a career .300 plus hitter in Minnesota while Paulie has had seasons right around .300. I don't see where they are coming back to earth, more like a slump.

AJ is taking upper cut swings, just like he did all of last year. When he does that, he's not going to be a .300 hitter, but more like a .260 hitter.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:15 AM)
Josh Fields is out of the lineup again tonight for Charlotte, and the Padres traded for Williamson. Not saying anything is happening, but its interesting to watch :P

Wow, that's interesting to hear about Fields. I hope Linebrink can hit. :P