Sox v. Rangers, Gamethread

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
AJ is taking upper cut swings, just like he did all of last year. When he does that, he's not going to be a .300 hitter, but more like a .260 hitter.

That I agree with and Its pissing me off cause we don't need his power. Dreaded leadoff walk.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:15 AM)
When we take the lead, and get two outs with no one on the next inning, Freddy needs to plunk someone for AJ and Podsednik.

Why would he do that? He's pitching solid tonight. If he hits someone, he'll get tossed. Screw this revenge stuff, and just win the freaking game.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
Coming back to earth...AJ was a career .300 plus hitter in Minnesota while Paulie has had seasons right around .300. I don't see where they are coming back to earth, more like a slump.

Konerko was up to .324 and around .990 OPS. He's not that good. AJ's BA has been going down every month.

Both are around .300 hitters, but not as good as they've shown all year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)
Cause we have a 2nd baseman playing in left field.

Lord knows I've hammered Ozzie for his defensive shannanigans but I've been pretty consistent with that all year and I'm convinced the best thing we could do is get Pods the hell out of dodge and replace him with a more active leadoff hitter and a better defensive left fielder.

Of course I don't see that happening till the off-season.

so we know the blowup inning is coming finally, but cmon, how many times do these guys have to go out watching the offense blowing opportunities and doing nothing to help them out. This IS going to be a big inning, and we are NOT going to come back, just like our previous 8 losses, but it's not the pitching's fault