Sox v. Rangers, Gamethread

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
obviously, the solution is to trade for a different 2B to play LF.

Come on....Ozuna is an absolutely awful LF. Soriano has made a pretty smooth transition to LF, and he plays in a very deep park. He'd be able to play more shallow at the Cell, and his arm could prevent quite a few runs from scoring.

As Sox fans, we'd really hate Brad Wilkerson if he was ever on our team.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
Freddy comes back and gets the K. He threw two good Fb's and than had a real nice changeup to get Wilkerson swinging.

He's had a good changeup tonight. His curve has been brutal this inning.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
Josh Fields is out of the lineup again tonight for Charlotte, and the Padres traded for Williamson. Not saying anything is happening, but its interesting to watch :P

As rotoworld says...

There isn't a contender in baseball with less need of relief help than San Diego, so this is likely to set up another move. Either Williamson will go elsewhere or the Padres will move another reliever (Scott Linebrink?) in an attempt to land a third baseman

Starting to sprinkle apparently. Rain is apparently expected around the 7 O'clock hour which would be now. Hawk says its supposed to last for about 45 minutes.

I hate rain delays, especially since Freddy is looking pretty decent and I want him to have a big game tonight in which he gets his confidence back and our other pitchers can help feed on it.

I want to see a string of 18 of 20 quality starts out of our guys and I think its possible.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
Ya no spiff, probably would get a SP prospect back though.

You never know what could happen, if other teams are involved, maybe a starting pitcher comes our way with one of our starters going there way.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
It's totally unnecessary unless accompanied by another move to get McCarthy into the rotation.

Yea, that's what I'm thinking. If we trade for a reliever, I think we'd also see a starter moved in another deal.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
You never know what could happen, if other teams are involved, maybe a starting pitcher comes our way with one of our starters going there way.

Have you heard of any reasoning behind Fields not playing?

Sarge watches a good changeup and takes the walk. I don't like walking Sarge because it gets us one batter closer to the heart of the Rangers lineup.

Kinsler grounds out. I promised some runs and the Sox are gonna come through this inning. I'm thinking 3-4

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 05:25 PM)
Have you heard of any reasoning behind Fields not playing?

No, but I doubt its a sign that a trade is on its way. We'd have heard something by now or so you'd think. I'd assume its just a normal day off, but if he is out because of trade talk getting real serious, my guess is we'll know something relatively quickly.

Another deal most likely, I can't see Williamson coming to us though since he said he'd never play for Ozzie. I hope it's Linebrink, but I don't want to give up Fields.....well not for Linebrink...

Should be interesting.