Slumpbusters

Chisoxfn

I think we've all heard of the term slumpbuster. Mark Grace has termed one kind of slump buster, but I was wondering if anyone else on this site is relatively superstitious when it comes to the Sox. I know I am and today I changed my member title and sig as well as put on my "lucky" jersey to try to get the Sox mojo right. I got one final thing to do which is play some Go Go Go White Sox just before start time.

I was curious to see if anyone else is or has already tried some things to put an end to the slump.

During the playoffs last year, I had a routine of Go Go Sox before the game, mixed with the playoff beard (which I'd clean up during road days).

Anyway thought this would be a fun thread to help get the MOJO in favor of the Sox :headbang

I used to have pre and post game routines up until last season. In the games I'll do things. If the Sox are in the middle of a big inning, I won't move a muscle. I won't clap. I won't smile. I won't say anything. Sometimes I'll try not to breathe (I don't reccommend this.) My favorite one is to eat a triple decker PB and J during the top of the 5th. I've been out of bread for about a week and a half now, but I got some today. I'm eating one now. We'll see what kind of luck it brings.

I'll do other weird things too. Basically I notice my habits during that game and when things are going good, I try to replicate them. I.E. blinks, coughing, changing positions and blah blah blah. Sometimes insanity creeps on me during the games. I don't reccommend being superstitious.

QUOTE(stretchstretch @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 02:37 AM)
ABSOLUTELY........a brawl tomorrow would do wonders. Padilla plunks AJ, we clear benches and put some kind of life into this lifeless, fightless, offense of ours.......stop focusing on not losing and start focusing on attacking

And AJP gets suspended for 7 games, and the hitless wonder has to start a week's worth of games.

I really thought I got the "sign" today. Went to a park in Burbank California of all places and THREE different people were wearing White Sox hats, myself included. We all looked at each other and couldn't believe it. Maybe if we had actually spoken rather than shake our heads and look away...

Think I'll pull out the 1919 cap I have and wear it, what the hell. It's not worth this pain.

I am done bringing my wife with me to games. She complained that we have the weekend season tickets and she never gets to go. So she has now been to four games and we are 1-3 in that stretch. She can sit her Cub fan ass at home from now on.

On a side note, a brawl would be the WORST thing that could happen right now, as the last thing we need is players suspended and give Ozzie an excuse to start more bench players (especially the hopefully soon to be DFA'ed Chris Widger). He has yet to get the memo that this isn't tee-ball and not every kid on the team needs to get in the game.

question, when did we white sox fans start believing in curses? Were sounding like cub fans. I maybe out of the country but I still watch games on mlb tv. So I know whats going on. Listen these guys just need to get their act together and KW needs to make a big decision by bringing in someone new. Believing that we the fans can change an out come of a game by un-tying our shoe-laces or wearing a lucky hat is not going to change or losing ways. I know these are hard times but this spiff happends. Were not getting timely hitting and our pitching hasn't been as strong as last season. The guys need to wake up and turn this season around. This happends all the time and the season is not done yet. :gosox1:

keep the faith

"Don't stop believing"

Edited by WinningUgly85

cmon guys....this isn't about superstition. trust me, i have my own little rituals, but this is about the pitching and the lack of coming up with hits with people on base. we need to stop looking at strikes and start swinging the bat. our pitchers need to keep the ball lower, we're getting it too high up in the strike zone.

Jason, I remember when you came out with the Rally crede last year and the hex of jobu. It really seemed to work after that. With crede hitting one of the most important walk off home runs in sox history the day we started the rally crede thread , it had me superstitous ever since. I love you for starting that craze last year. Anyone who calls it stupid is just hatin'. What ever you start this year, I am on board.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:22 AM)
Jason, I remember when you came out with the Rally crede last year and the hex of jobu. It really seemed to work after that. With crede hitting one of the most important walk off home runs in sox history the day we started the rally crede thread , it had me superstitous ever since. I love you for starting that craze last year. Anyone who calls it stupid is just hatin'. What ever you start this year, I am on board.

Rally Crede sure didn't help today. It was the Rally Popup today! I call for the return of the rally seizure! :P

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 01:19 AM)
Rally Crede sure didn't help today. It was the Rally Popup today! I call for the return of the rally seizure! :P

The Rally Seizure makes very few appearances and for good reason, it's an incredibly powerful tool with the ability to alter play on the field with amazing results. It debuted in the 19th inning of a certain game earlier this month and did it's job, it has made very few appearances since and will only appear in the most important of times.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:31 AM)
pMLB2-2624660dt.jpg

I am wearing my new shirt tomorrow. Luck of the Irish and all. Its got to help.

Get the silk screen press rolling, SSI71, this Irish laddie needs one of those shirts. Did you really make a shirt like that?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 07:33 AM)
Get the silk screen press rolling, SSI71, this Irish laddie needs one of those shirts. Did you really make a shirt like that?

I didnt make it. Go up to whitesox.com and go to the shop. Go under mens tee shirts.