White Sox Loser

Chisox_10

I'm not upset about our offense as much as you guys. I saw this coming from a mile away. We were playing over our heads offensively in the first half, it's only natural they would slump at some point to even things out. The shame is our pitching has sucked and we gave away a number of games where we did score 4 or 5 runs (against Boston & New York).

If this spotty hitting keeps up, we have NO CHANCE with Vazquez and Garcia in the rotation. I think we'll hit better but not close to how we hit in the 1st half.

The past 11 games have been an utter team failure. There's just no synergy. We're not picking each other up, we're not playing over mistakes. We flat out stink. There's signs of hope, but this little spell has all but killed us: we're 6.5 back, we have virtually no wild card lead, and the Twins are poised to take second place from us (very well could happen in the coming series). I don't mean to be all doom and gloom, but this is as dark a moment as it gets... I hope we turn it around soon.

Ozuna has become a journeyman again, WE NEED A REAL OUTFIELD

The manager has got to bat JD 3rd against lefties and Thome 5 th, Crede 6th and AJ 7th-

And you would think with all the left handers they have faced recently, (I didnt know there were this many out there) they would be hitting better against them.

we've just about seen it all...

bad bullpen...

shelled starters...

sloppy defense...

bad breaks...

duck snorts for rallies...

slumping sluggers...

bad coaching...

bad managing...

Am I forgetting something? what else can they f'n do to lose that hasn't been done?

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
we've just about seen it all...

bad bullpen...

shelled starters...

sloppy defense...

bad breaks...

duck snorts for rallies...

slumping sluggers...

bad coaching...

bad managing...

Am I forgetting something? what else can they f'n do to lose that hasn't been done?

blame it on the announcers?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 03:33 AM)
It's getting really scary for me, because tonight Im not really upset, even after I was at the game tonight. It's almost like I have come to expect this the last two weeks, which makes me pissed.

Yeah, usually my blood pressure rises and I get all pissed when we lose. The second Kinsler walked, I think the whole stadium knew we were done. Think on the bright side....we still lead the wild card.

I just got back from this game and it was not a well played one....

After Jenks gave up that hit to Young the whole place fell completely silent and the mood deflated with the hit.

Short of Freddy doing a pretty damn good job tonight, the offense was (once again) flat and the execution in key situations was poor. They let Koronka off the hook too many times, even with his pitch count soaring to christ. It should have been at least a 3-0 or 4-0 game early on, and it wasn't.

I can safely say that they are playing lifeless, go-through-the-motions baseball right now and its not good. Too many things continue to go wrong and some of Ozzie's decisions continue to baffle everyone.

I will continue to support, rally around, and otherwise cheer for this team. But I do not have a good feeling about any of where this is heading. Something needs to be done to right this ship and get clicking on all cylinders.

:gosox2:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 03:38 AM)
This was my 26th(maybe 27th) game this season, and it was the 1st time I really showed my displeasure. I got on Podsednik hard after that K, and got into it with a Podsedniks slurper behind me. Thats really not me, but things just boiled over tonight.

That wasn't Pods fault...he should have never been up in that situation.

Have we won with the new filters? :D

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
That wasn't Pods fault...he should have never been up in that situation.

^^^^^^^^^^

I could not agree with you more. The move to bring him in, then, made no sense to me whatsoever. It was one of those moments where I think Guillen lost his mind.

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 03:46 AM)
^^^^^^^^^^

I could not agree with you more. The move to bring him in, then, made no sense to me whatsoever. It was one of those moments where I think Guillen lost his mind.

Some of the worst games that Guillen has managed in his career is against Showalter. We've struggled in close games vs them the last few years, as it becomes a strategy game in the late innings.

Edited by fathom

they tried using too much strategy. it seems like they are playing scared right now. jenks can get matthews out. you just have to trust him.

p.s. im going to the game tomorrow, and i hope garland can help us (again) to try to get out of this funk.

Edited by lukeman89

Just got back. When will Ozzie realize that Bobby doesn't play well after sitting in between innings? I knew he'd have another shaky 9th after coming into the 8th. Seems to happen everytime. Thornton was locked in at the time. I just don't get it. And if it's not the pitching it's the offense these days. So frustrating.