Back In Victory Lane

aboz56

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Should Ozzie be fired for berating Jon? Of course not. But it certainly should be added to the list of Ozzie's indiscretions this season.

This isn't a reliever called up from Charlotte, this is a member of your starting pitching who has been very consistent for you as of late. Do you want to get him tossed - suspended? Plus, you are asking him to completely change his delivery just to make a point - a pointless one at that. Ozzie's job is to make his players look good, not the other way around.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:16 PM)
All of you that are tired with Ozzie better be willing to eat your crow later in the year.

Wins and Losses don't matter to me when it comes to this...this is something greater that is inexucseable in the baseball world.

I don't care if we won 3 world series, these type of antics should not be tolerated.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
Greg, not going to get in race discussion so that post was deleted. Ross didn't have the best bunt, but it got the job done. For a second I was thinking oh crap.

I was kidding, for what it's worth.

Vazquez wasn't asked to plunk because he was a starter and the warning had already been given. Montero? I don't know. Tracey was a minor leaguer about to leave, anyway, and Garland was asked to do it because no warning'd yet been given.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 07:19 PM)
I was kidding, for what it's worth.

Vazquez wasn't asked to plunk because he was a starter and the warning had already been given. Montero? I don't know. Tracey was a minor leaguer about to leave, anyway, and Garland was asked to do it because no warning'd yet been given.

or how about Garcia to start the game yesterday. Ozzie had said he'd hit their guys if the Rangers hit one of ours, and Pods had been hit in the 9th inning before. In no way was I trying to start a race discussion.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
or how about Garcia to start the game yesterday. Ozzie had said he'd hit their guys if the Rangers hit one of ours, and Pods had been hit in the 9th inning before. In no way was I trying to start a race discussion.

I know, I didn't, either, I was just joking about.

I was surprised that Ozzie didn't ask Freddy to do it, as Freddy's always been good about hitting people (I remember when he got Derek Lee right in the shoulder blades), but maybe Ozzie just thinks Garcia, more than any other pitcher on our team, doesn't need more baserunners!

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
I know, I didn't, either, I was just joking about.

I was surprised that Ozzie didn't ask Freddy to do it, as Freddy's always been good about hitting people (I remember when he got Derek Lee right in the shoulder blades), but maybe Ozzie just thinks Garcia, more than any other pitcher on our team, doesn't need more baserunners!

Don't worry about it fella's, I just wanted to clean it up as opposed to leave it out and see the fireworks.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
Definitely. The manager who led the team to its first World Series title since 1917 should get removed for yelling at a pitcher who can't complete a simple order.

I am sorry. This is NOT a get out of jail free card. Yes, he led us to it. Yes, we are all appreciative of what he did for the team to get them there...

That being said, it does not give him the right to elevate his level of jack-ass-ness in terms of his managing. NO PLAYER should EVER have to go through what Tracey went through and what we saw him do to Garland today IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA and IN PUBLIC. If he wants to let them have it in the clubhouse one on one, fine. But this egomania has got to stop, because its wearing thin. I don't care if they make a lot of money and that they should just "follow orders." Put yourself in their shoes. If your boss yelled and made a fool out of you in front of the whole company and a bunch of people who happen to be standing around watching, how would you feel?

His antics anymore are beyond unprofessional and it needs to stop. This whole schtick is getting very very old.