AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

Heads22

Jon really stepped up and made an ace type performance. This is the 2nd consecutive start in which he stopped a losing streak and now hopefully our staff has got some momentum on its side and we'll continue to see quality starts or better.

The offense wasn't great, but it executed much better and got the clutch hits when it was needed.

Definately a nice way to end this series and like I said, I'm getting very comfortable with this team and think its just a matter of time before it translates into a large streak of winning baseball.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
Jon really stepped up and made an ace type performance. This is the 2nd consecutive start in which he stopped a losing streak and now hopefully our staff has got some momentum on its side and we'll continue to see quality starts or better.

The offense wasn't great, but it executed much better and got the clutch hits when it was needed.

Definately a nice way to end this series and like I said, I'm getting very comfortable with this team and think its just a matter of time before it translates into a large streak of winning baseball.

Other than two bad innings (Yes, I know they still count), the starting pitching has been very good the last 6 games. We just need to avoid (Javier especially) those 4 or 5 run innings that have been killing us.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
Other than two bad innings (Yes, I know they still count), the starting pitching has been very good the last 6 games. We just need to avoid (Javier especially) those 4 or 5 run innings that have been killing us.

I completely agree. Our offense has been the downfall in the last week. Even with the big innings, they still kept us in the game against very good hitting teams.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
Ozzie just said that KW is looking at getting someone to help our offense, as well as a back-up catcher. From what he said, it sounds like we're close to making some trades.

I'd be surprised if we get anyone much more substantial than a reliever and a backup catcher. Soriano would be all right, for the right price, but if they want BMAC, they can go to hell.

Garland was fantastic again today, and as much as I know the guy is a bench player and anything more is a stretch, let me express my appreciation for Mackowiak busting his butt down the line on routine groundballs. He's the only White Sox that does it every time, and today he got himself on base because of it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
Garland was fantastic again today, and as much as I know the guy is a bench player and anything more is a stretch, let me express my appreciation for Mackowiak busting his butt down the line on routine groundballs. He's the only White Sox that does it every time, and today he got himself on base because of it.

Thome does it, too, but I'm with you.