Detroit Tigers World Series Thread

Heads22

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
Uh oh. Verlander with a shaky first inning. Are the innings catching up to him?

Actually, he's had several starts like this. (Poor control) He even had a game against (gulp...) the Cubs where he only went 5 innings and gave up like 9 hits.

I don't think it was fatigue so much as that about one start in five or so he just doesn't have his control/command and struggles, some example being the cubs game, the game where you guys bombed him early in the year, and a game against the Yankees where he gave up 6 runs.

He was just fortunate to be playing the Devil Rays tonight so it was only 3 runs...

Sean Casey has went 2-4 so far with a homer in his Tigers debut, Brent Clevlen hit his first career homer, Clevlen went from hitting .224 in double A to hitting .571 with a homer and two outfield assists in 2 and a half big league games.

Edited by loltrain

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
At least Jeff had decent/respectable AA numbers before being called up. This guy is just flat out going nuts.

Clevelen had great stats last year as a 21 year old at Advanced A ball in Lakeland. Like 20 HR's and 100+ RBI with batting average over .300. He had a great spring training with the Tigers this year as well.

He has definitely struggled this year in Erie though.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
How the gosh darn does Russell Branyon still have a job in the league. The guy SUCKS. I don't care about his wild SLG%.

In his career, as a.230 hitter, 53% of his outs were via the nasty 11th letter in the alphabet.

It's not Branyon, it's the kitties. They got it going on.

And "C-Mo" as a nickname for Monroe can officially be added to the Book of Lame, alongside "K-Fed"

QUOTE(loltrain @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
McClung has nasty stuff, dissapointing we couldn't score against Meadows and Seo though.

My boss is a huge Tigers fan and Upon seeing that Seo was pitching I was like "ehhh it's only a half a game gained". Baseball is a funny game though.

I'm amazed that Jason Davis actually closed out a game against the heart of the red sox order.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 10:38 AM)
I thought first place teams always swept last place teams, and definately didn't split with them??? :bang

Should have but this "last place team" put 19 runs on the first place team in the East so I think I can live with the losses. I don't like them but I can live with it. Plus we only loss half a game on the Sox :lol:

QUOTE(MichiganBorn @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:39 AM)
Should have but this "last place team" put 19 runs on the first place team in the East so I think I can live with the losses. I don't like them but I can live with it. Plus we only loss half a game on the Sox :lol:

(He wasn't insulting the Tigers, he's insulting the people who were pissed on this page that the White Sox, without Thome and Konerko, only managed to take 2/3 from the Royals)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
(He wasn't insulting the Tigers, he's insulting the people who were pissed on this page that the White Sox, without Thome and Konerko, only managed to take 2/3 from the Royals)

Yeah I know, I just replied because I think in both of those situations those teams are in last place because of inconsistancy. Both teams can play with "the big boys" but just not day in and day out. So I agree that those that complain need to relax. Good teams should beat up on bad teams but you're not going to sweep them every single time.

Verlander's next start will be skipped to rest him/keep his innings down. Wilfredo Ledezma will take his place for that turn in the rotation.

Verlander's next start will now be against you guys...

Detroit also signed first round pick Andrew Miller to a 4 year contract.

Edited by loltrain