Detroit Tigers World Series Thread

Heads22

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 02:00 PM)
Guillen is the only one that has been horrible. Ordonez and Thames not good either.

Inge ain't that great, either.

Maggs was one of the better defensive RFs when he was in Chicago. Not sure that happened to him.

That said, I'd trade our defense for Detroit's current starters in a heartbeat.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
Inge ain't that great, either.

Maggs was one of the better defensive RFs when he was in Chicago. Not sure that happened to him.

That said, I'd trade our defense for Detroit's current starters in a heartbeat.

Inge is an absolute stud at 3rd.

Anyone else watch the ESPN's introduction to the Tigers/Yankees game? I felt like vomiting with rage after the literal cheerleading for Derek Jeter as MVP.

One of the announcers says, "as the season goes on, it looks more and more clear Derek Jeter is the MVP." It does? Apparently, Dye's accomplishments are ignored by half of the East Coast.

I have no problem annointing the more deserving candidate MVP. But REGARDLESS of ridiculous intangibles such as "picking up teammates following Matsui and Sheffield leaving" or making a jump/flip to 1st base, the statistics should determine the true winner. These two announcers are slurping him to an almost shameful degree.

Nothing I would love more than Jeter to go through a huge September slump. I'm looking for a situation where Jeter/Dye are compared on ESPN, and every category benefits Dye. Then I can laugh when someone says Jeter still deserves it.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
Anyone else watch the ESPN's introduction to the Tigers/Yankees game? I felt like vomiting with rage after the literal cheerleading for Derek Jeter as MVP.

One of the announcers says, "as the season goes on, it looks more and more clear Derek Jeter is the MVP." It does? Apparently, Dye's accomplishments are ignored by half of the East Coast.

I have no problem annointing the more deserving candidate MVP. But REGARDLESS of ridiculous intangibles such as "picking up teammates following Matsui and Sheffield leaving" or making a jump/flip to 1st base, the statistics should determine the true winner. These two announcers are slurping him to an almost shameful degree.

Nothing I would love more than Jeter to go through a huge September slump. I'm looking for a situation where Jeter/Dye are compared on ESPN, and every category benefits Dye. Then I can laugh when someone says Jeter still deserves it.

but ummmm i mean jermaine dye doesnt play the field i mean errr derek jeter has heart and well i mean he hasnt won an MVP yet so he totally deserves one moreso because of that

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
but ummmm i mean jermaine dye doesnt play the field i mean errr derek jeter has heart and well i mean he hasnt won an MVP yet so he totally deserves one moreso because of that

Jermaine Dye doesnt have post season experience or a world series ring either.

Atleast Jeter plays for a winning team though.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 1, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
weird. that guy looked to be a rising star last season.

what's the word on Polanco? I also read that Maroth is toast for the season, anyone else read that?

Dunno about toast for the season, but definately a setback it seems. Maroth felt something wierd in a bullpen session. He was actually tentatively scheduled to start against the Yankees.